IGNORED

MARS, BITCH.

kaini

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL I watched that last night on TV (we have a NASA channel with our cable package). I also watched footage of a guy testing the Orion space suits in one of those zero G planes. He had a hard time.

you lucky bastard

this is pretty old (2005), but still, it's from mars.

AzzcFXACMAAI9FL.jpg

quite good

god damn that's beautiful

some day far in the future you'll find me ridin' my buggy into that martian sunset

i heard you americans like to ride in the sunset...

that was so awesome.

that would be an incredible thing to witness as a martian. you're just hanging out on mars, minding your business and oh what's that? a flying star? oh crazy a parachute just popped out! what the fuck the glowing hot thing just flew off of it. holy shit now there's a rocket launching out from the parachute. and now a really cool looking rc car is being lowered to the ground from the rocket, which is hovering over the surface. and now the rocket's gone, shooting off into the distance.

Can someone explain to me how Venus is supposed to be the Earth, but in the past?

it's not. like i said, part of the reason venus is the way it is, is due to a runaway greenhouse effect. so it's more like us in the future, but it's not even really like that.

Can someone explain to me how Venus is supposed to be the Earth, but in the past?

it's not. like i said, part of the reason venus is the way it is, is due to a runaway greenhouse effect. so it's more like us in the future, but it's not even really like that.

Oh I see. But Venus, to my knowledge, is way too close to the sun to be inhabitable. What I'm really interested is the evidence of life on Mars. I believe it exists (or existed), most likely not intelligent. But it's so selfish for us to assume that humans are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe.

Oh I see. But Venus, to my knowledge, is way too close to the sun to be inhabitable. What I'm really interested is the evidence of life on Mars. I believe it exists (or existed), most likely not intelligent. But it's so selfish for us to assume that humans are the only intelligent lifeforms in the universe.

The universe is so big and there is so many star systems that just by plain statistics there should be extraterrestrial life. But the next iteration, intelligent life, or even more advanced life than our own, is highly unprobable in the range of this galaxy cluster (or even further). If you think of Venus and Mars, they are the closest approximations of Earth's capability of creating life, but they are still very far from it. What happened on Earth is a very very very very rare and fragile condition where carbon molecules began to exist and had just right parameters to assemble into more complex compounds, which then had even more of those just right parameters to evolve into life. Not to mention how improbable according to all this is intelligent life. Even on Earth.

Archived