IGNORED

depression

anonymstol

i had some minor depression today, sorry if this isn't like a full blown depression story but i talked to my mom about it but she's always so positive so i kinda shrugged then went on my own and blasted music through headphones for a bit. this whole holiday and how it didn't feel like christmas but i feel better now :)

Being lonely during the holidays. Oooo, it's that time of the year again...

Good luck to everyone with the tendency to comply to social norms - like gathering around a decorated tree with a bunch of people - even if you hate them. Those social norms, I mean. Not the people. At least, not necessarily those people. You can hate them as well, but that was not the point I was trying to make. Whatevs. Good luck all.

Yesterday my depression was triggered particularly badly (still hasn't let up) because I was hanging out with friends and having fun for the holidays, which is weird because one would expect to feel better in those situations. I'm the "funny guy" who cracks jokes and talks a lot and makes people laugh. When I get like that I feel like I'm putting up a front. I'm afraid to talk about it, too, because people get worried about me and it troubles them (I have a really big support system though). I know I put my parents through hell with this shit even though they try not to show it much, especially when I end up hospitalized like I just did.

Hmmm yeah I went through a period where I was very self analytical and felt like the "joker" side of me was fake, but then I took a step back and asked myself why I.thought I was being fake. I came to the conclusion that I was being overly self critical and that the funny side if myself was part of who.I am.and just to enjoy it.

Why did you end up in hospital?

Just been reading through this thread, sounds like a lot of you are having a hard time - sincerely hope you're feeling better soon. This sounds very simplistic but I believe a lot of depression is down to basically thinking too much, then associating with those thoughts and beliefs, they become part of your identity. I'm not good at explaining this, but this guy is: http://www.audiodharma.org/series/87/talk/1834/

Meditation worked for anxiety for me. It may not work for you but worth a shot, right?

Just been reading through this thread, sounds like a lot of you are having a hard time - sincerely hope you're feeling better soon. This sounds very simplistic but I believe a lot of depression is down to basically thinking too much, then associating with those thoughts and beliefs, they become part of your identity. I'm not good at explaining this, but this guy is: http://www.audiodharma.org/series/87/talk/1834/

Meditation worked for anxiety for me. It may not work for you but worth a shot, right?

oh my gosh yes mindfulness meditation helped me get rid of my anxiety

i would highly recommend it

somehow, I'm no longer a highly-neurotic person who morbidly obsesses about things

stopped taking xanax and everything

(p.s.here's a great primer)

Edited by LimpyLoo

I am very lonely.

Me too, bro.

yep, intelligent people by and large are more likely to over or extra analyse everything, this includes judging all of their actions and their self worth along with it. In a way perhaps it's a self induced depressive state, and given how we realise now the malleability of the brain, you are building those rail road tracks, setting up the path of least resistance through which you wallow and trudge an ever deeper course.

I know these things so flirt with disaster but am not fully fledged in that direction, the furrow that i plow is more pointless repetitive action based, reinforced by fears and anxieties, it's kind of an extra dimension into which you pour all that ridiculous self delusion so that whilst you are down on yourself it is not what you are necessarily focusing on, and on, and on,

I do understand though that it's not an x/y axis based around intelligence, clearly some people are predisposed to depression based a more built in genetic mechanic, i am in no way lessening the suffering of fucked up biomechanics.

gleh, my intrest in the post has lessened, sorry, or you are blessed or whatever.

I am very lonely.

Me too, bro.

you guys are to me, core watmm members, if you were in my vicinity you'd get an hug and a meal any day of the week (whether you'd need this kind of probably strange but nevertheless fun and exciting experience well, buck up legends, experience the dleetr luvf [-; ['-] ;-] .. many have tried to be disappointed and failed.)

I am very lonely.

Me too, bro.

you guys are to me, core watmm members, if you were in my vicinity you'd get an hug and a meal any day of the week (whether you'd need this kind of probably strange but nevertheless fun and exciting experience well, buck up legends, experience the dleetr luvf [-; ['-] ;-] .. many have tried to be disappointed and failed.)

Thanks, delet. That means a lot. I'll get through this eventually......

Meh, misquoted old post.

Was reading through this thread and whilst it's not nice to know of fellow watmmers suffering with this blight, it's somewhat comforting to be reminded that it's actually quite common.

Edited by Ifeelspace

I am very lonely.

Me too, bro.

one thing that i've noticed from myself, is that you should never be embarrassed out of speaking joy, if something is positive to you, no matter whence the direction or idiom, there should be no conundrum in verbalising it, especially amongst friends. There are no silly or foolish or guarded moments here, those concepts are but placeholders, not definers, they only exist along with the smile on our faces as we read the forward momentum of a fellow dressed down and ready to flow.

yair yair, taek mie advies naeplae'ers

Hmmm yeah I went through a period where I was very self analytical and felt like the "joker" side of me was fake, but then I took a step back and asked myself why I.thought I was being fake. I came to the conclusion that I was being overly self critical and that the funny side if myself was part of who.I am.and just to enjoy it.

No suicide attempts but heavy ideation and some forms of moving toward it (I don't want to go into detail). And yeah, I think I'm just dissociated a bit, which makes everything feel fake. In actuality I probably am just a social guy.

Also, so as not to freak anyone here out, the ideation is not nearly as bad anymore, which is why they let me out.

Edited by gmanyo

I am very lonely.

Me too, bro.

aye, cheers.

edit:

Being lonely during the holidays. Oooo, it's that time of the year again...

Good luck to everyone with the tendency to comply to social norms - like gathering around a decorated tree with a bunch of people - even if you hate them. Those social norms, I mean. Not the people. At least, not necessarily those people. You can hate them as well, but that was not the point I was trying to make. Whatevs. Good luck all.

I spent my holidays with my mother, my step-dad and my cat.

It just started to snow today.

I'm celebrating by reading the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, which I promised myself I would finish reading two years ago, so I'm finishing it now.

Edited by MIXL2

No suicide attempts but heavy ideation and some forms of moving toward it (I don't want to go into detail). And yeah, I think I'm just dissociated a bit, which makes everything feel fake. In actuality I probably am just a social guy.

Also, so as not to freak anyone here out, the ideation is not nearly as bad anymore, which is why they let me out.

Oh dear that doesn't sound good. At the risk of repeating what someone else may have said, have you tried counselling?

Oh dear that doesn't sound good. At the risk of repeating what someone else may have said, have you tried counselling?

I see a counselor and a psychiatrist every month, and I'm seeing a different counselor at the moment while on vacation visiting my parents in Taiwan, and I'm going to Skype my counselor in the US in a few days. And as stated before, I take a bunch of medication for it.

Not the first psych I've tried, and I'm changing my drugs up a bit at the moment, added one while I was in the hospital. My counselor is good, and I like my current psych. I'm getting good care atm, which definitely helps.