IGNORED

Deftones - Koi No Yokan

jules

I listened to both tracks once each. this album is going to be awesome. they seem to be getting better and better.

I think diamond eyes awoke something in them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after listening to these two tracks, i'm super pumped for this album. the past two albums have been spectacular, and this one seems could be monumental if all else is on this level. as shit as chi's situation is, it's definitely channeled something deep within these guys.

I listened to both tracks once each. this album is going to be awesome. they seem to be getting better and better.

I think diamond eyes awoke something in them.

I agree, Diamond Eyes seemed to have Chino with a new drive, I think you can hear it in his ††† project as well

This is awesome news! Passenger still stands out as my favourite. Can't beat Chino AND Maynard together in the same song. Love it.

Really looking forward to hearing this. I liked Saturday Night Wrist much better than Diamond Eyes. But I can't wait to see where they go next.

this thread has made me properly revisit Deftones. I listened to them a lot in high school, especially White Pony. I'm listening to it again tonight, for the first time in over 10 years, and it's bringing back all sorts of memories and feelings. I'd put this on whenever I felt sad or angry or lost, and I just can't separate it from those sentiments, especially with tracks like Knife Prty and Change. I'm not sure I like remembering those times, which is a pity because this is such a strong record.

pointless post.

far from pointless.

Deftones rule, and I like them more now than when they were in their heyday. White Pony gets better and better for me (I wasn't too keen on this album the first few years I had it). And because of that I never killed it, it still sounds new(ish) to me

As somebody else said, Deftones have eclipsed most bands that they started out with. Like Radiohead eclipsed Britpop and metamorphasized into something else entirely and left their peers in the dust. Deftones do the same.

for me, saturday night wrist is their only weak point. i know they were really struggling as a band at that point and it really shows imo. around the fur is just an all time classic kick ass record, white pony is their magnum opus but i really think diamond eyes is right up there with their best work and this new one is showing even more promise.

plus chino has been destroying it with crosses and oh yea, just happened to make a record with the isis rhythm section. if i am being honest, id rather hear that album than a new isis!

plus chino has been destroying it with crosses and oh yea, just happened to make a record with the isis rhythm section. if i am being honest, id rather hear that album than a new isis!

Agreed! I'm very much looking forward to that release. Any news on it? I think there was a thread for it but if so I haven't seen it bumped since created.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Papalon

I'll second what Jules said, Deftones live are pretty intense. Seen them a couple times in different venues ( sports arena, outdoor venue, small club) and they're great every time.

I also had an opportunity to see Team Sleep on a little West coast tour they did probably 10 years ago and that was incredible!

Leathers rocks, can't wait to hear this new album.

Guest Lucy Faringold

gimmie some details!

They sound confident and 'spunky' for want of a better word. Opening track is a burner with a really awesome pounding groove. Chorus from Romantic Dreams is on some super-heavy epic pop music type shit that will put a smile on your face.

It's no massive departure from their past stuff really but you will want to blast it as loud as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived