IGNORED

Noel Gallagher cancels his album with FSOL

Rubin Farr

yeah you can use this news as another "let's bag on this band we don't like anymore" but I was looking forward to hearing it after the remixes they have done for Noel and Oasis in the past. The ego has landed apparently.

http://stopcryingyourheartoutnews.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/noel-gallagher-reveals-his-album-with.html?m=1

wow. I never liked FSOL much, but didn't know they were that bad, that even Noel Gallagher would want to cancel working with them...

and Noel Gallagher is so so shit.

wow. I never liked FSOL much, but didn't know they were that bad, that even Noel Gallagher would want to cancel working with them...

it's probably more an indication of their (FSOL's) lack of enthusiasm for the project

it's probably more an indication of their (FSOL's) lack of enthusiasm for the project

yeah.. i'm just kidding... ;)

The idea of Noel Gallagher collaborating with FSOL makes me scratch my head in bewilderment. Even if this was happening in the 90s, I'd be really confused. I mean maybe if it was them under that alias of theirs where they make psychedelic rock which pretty much no one listens to... then I'd kinda understand. But really, when I hear the name "Amorphous Androgynous" it's always followed by "Tales of Ephidrina" and then I try to forget how much Dougans and Cobain fell off. I mean it's patently absurd, not to mention too late for such a collaboration, just like that new album of The Orb with Lee Perry. Maybe earlier in their career, it would have been cool, but seems to me that for the most part The Orb, Future Sound of London, Lee Perry, and Noel Gallagher are all way past their primes and are playing mostly to audiences who are still, for the most part, either rabid fans who will eat anything up by these former greats (well, I never liked Oasis, but you could make an argument that they *used to* kick arse) or are still hung up on their classic works.

he's saying it's shit. it probably is shit.

never liked oasis but i've heard bits of a few more recent noel gallagher things and it was better than the bits of more recent flso stuff

The idea of Noel Gallagher collaborating with FSOL makes me scratch my head in bewilderment. Even if this was happening in the 90s, I'd be really confused. I mean maybe if it was them under that alias of theirs where they make psychedelic rock which pretty much no one listens to... then I'd kinda understand. But really, when I hear the name "Amorphous Androgynous" it's always followed by "Tales of Ephidrina" and then I try to forget how much Dougans and Cobain fell off. I mean it's patently absurd, not to mention too late for such a collaboration, just like that new album of The Orb with Lee Perry. Maybe earlier in their career, it would have been cool, but seems to me that for the most part The Orb, Future Sound of London, Lee Perry, and Noel Gallagher are all way past their primes and are playing mostly to audiences who are still, for the most part, either rabid fans who will eat anything up by these former greats (well, I never liked Oasis, but you could make an argument that they *used to* kick arse) or are still hung up on their classic works.

FSOL have released at least four solid albums in as many years. Environments V3 beats the shit out of most IDM/ambient stuff coming out by newbies.

The Orb are still very much relevant. Bad comparison.

you may smirk but the first oasis album is the mutts nutts imo. the rest is dire though I do like that Hindu Times track.

Couldn't care less about FSOL remix albums to be honest.

i have to be honest, this thread is a testament to how advertising and magazines controls people's perception of these old harbingers of the new sound. FSOL stopped giving a shit about promotion unless it was from their central website. Orb still pushes shit through facebook, youtube, and a number of other things.

Hence, FSOL never released anything good after Lifeforms, and the Orb is still relevant.

actually FSOL used MySpace pretty regularly until it became irrelevant. They have several YouTube channels now that promote clips of their upcoming releases. But yeah, as far as commercial promotion, they're pretty much done.

i have to be honest, this thread is a testament to how advertising and magazines controls people's perception of these old harbingers of the new sound. FSOL stopped giving a shit about promotion unless it was from their central website. Orb still pushes shit through facebook, youtube, and a number of other things.

Hence, FSOL never released anything good after Lifeforms, and the Orb is still relevant.

My reason for saying The Orb are still relevant is their musical output in the past 5-6 years. I've been following the FSOL archive releases but FSOL haven't released anything new as FSOL since 2002 and any other activities they did as FSOL was a small tour consisting of a handful of shows.

The Orb are still actively touring (albeit in constantly changing formation but with the constants Patterson and Fehlmann pretty much always present as it was about 20 years ago)

But yeah this has everything to do with promotion...

Guest The Haze

Can't say i'm surprised. Noel didn't seem too enthusiastic about it when he was asked about the album months ago.

Shame really,i thought it would be an interesting album.

My reason for saying The Orb are still relevant is their musical output in the past 5-6 years. I've been following the FSOL archive releases but FSOL haven't released anything new as FSOL since 2002 and any other activities they did as FSOL was a small tour consisting of a handful of shows.

The Orb are still actively touring (albeit in constantly changing formation but with the constants Patterson and Fehlmann pretty much always present as it was about 20 years ago)

You do know that the Environments releases are new, right?

You do know that the Environments releases are new, right?

I overlooked the Environments releases in my small rant, although I think calling it new material is somewhat debatable, but that doesn't matter.

Anyhow, I didn't mean to say that FSOL aren't relevant, I find relevant a horrible qualification for anything anyway.

Just felt that your observations regarding the way opinions about these acts are formed were a bit off.

Archived