IGNORED

Flat-screen LED/LCD TV clouding

Npoess

I've bougth a new 42'' Samsung LED TV. And it suffers from "clouding". It's a known problem with almost all LCD and LED TV's. Some TV's has it more than others. But I'm not sure if I should return it. Because it might not solve the problem, I might just end up with a worse one.

Sometimes I notice it, and some times I don't. Depends on the movie/lightning/whatever.

I know this isn't a tech forum, but is there any fellow WATMM'ers that has experiences with this? And if so, what did you do about it?

It looks like this (picture of a grey loading screen in a video game):

njzhzmm2n2nizdu1ngjjytmzm2vknzjimti1mwnlywm.jpg

otvhntu5ngqymwy2ymjhmzy4ogvln2e5ztc3nju2ntk.jpg

That's just inconsistent backlighting, right?

I have a 46" Samsung LCD from about 2009, and there's a bit of inconsistent backlighting but it's not usually very noticeable. But I never have the brightness on higher than 5/10, either.

The image quality is amazing and the contrast between blacks and colors is great. A full-on black or grey screen looks a bit off, but it's not really a big deal. When there's anything else on the screen, the black looks pretteh pretteh pretteh black.

That's just inconsistent backlighting, right?

I have a 46" Samsung LCD and there's a bit of inconsistent backlighting but it's not usually very noticeable. But I never have the brightness on higher than 5/10, either.

Yes it is.

I haven't really noticed it either. But at the moment I'm watching Broadwalk Empire, which has very dark colors most of the time. And that makes it very visible, which is making me fucking crazy.

It's a 3D TV.

Would you say I should get it traded for a new one, judging on the photo's I've posted?

I have no idea if that worth the effort. Is that bad on all Samsung LED TV's?

Archived