IGNORED

hope sandoval

Guest yikes

Obviously she is a total hottie, and I like the music she has been involved in.

Her voice while uniquely raspy is not technically much to speak of,nor is her stage presence/persona.

Do you think if she was not as drop dead gorgeous she would have been as successful in the music biz?

What if she looked like………susan boyle?

susan-boyle_1388214c_zpsb401baff.jpg

HOPE-SANDOVAL-SIDEWAYS_zpsa6d8abba.jpg

i absolutely love her voice. Didnt realise she had a bit of visual talent too.

Sometimes being overweight or having something extra weird about your body can add to your fame in the pop world.

Hah, I actually think Hope is a far better singer than Susan Boyle - who imo is overrated as a vocalist. I guess her weird thing is being arguably half-tard.

There's definitely still an image problem with female musicians when it comes to the major labels, but I think talent pretty much trumps all these days. For example, even though I think Adele is objectively pretty, I'm sure some asshole A&R people debated over her "image" before she was signed and promoted.

This will sound corny, but maybe musical talent makes image irrelevant, because in a way that artist is inherently "beautiful" as a human being.

Yeah... Mazzy Star was good to listen to as you're knockin' boots... Not too sure live!

The tracks were way too long, the tracks were way too noisy, she had absolutely zero connection with the audience, she left the stage after she was done singing and let the band play by themselves the last couple of minutes, and everything just sounded the same.

Fade Into You was the highlight but that was it. Plus, she still very pretty.

The only track I know of hers is this track she did with Jesus and Mary Chain. It's a nice tune and worth a listen if you haven't heard it.

I don't think I've heard Mazzy Star, it's not something I'd actively seek.

I just had a Hope Sandoval All Nighter... I have a crush again!

I remember this being the first song I heard from them/her when i saw it on 120 minutes years ago!

Picked up a copy of Bavarian Fruit Bread a few years ago for about $4 but still haven't really given it a listen. I loved Fade Into You back when it came out and remember liking some other Mazzy Star tunes. Gonna go grab that disc and throw it in my bag for tomorrow, thanks for the reminder Asymmetrical!

• 2 years later...

I get cold shivers when I see old threads rising from the dead circa 2011-13. Was way into the Twilight Zone.

At least I didn't make an utter cunt of myself in this one.

Now I'm a beermonk!

Archived