IGNORED

Antape - Tracks (II)

Lucas

Hey,

I past the last months moving from France to Germany and working on the basis of a recording studio project (http://www.royderats.com/). It's been a lot of move and I couldn't make music in the same conditions than before. Now I'm more established and I've got my hand on music making again.

Here is the first track I finished (or kind of). Let me know what you think !

http://soundcloud.com/antape/antape-polar

More tracks will follow in this thread hopefully

Lucas

Nice to see, that your plan with Leipzig seems to work. If you organise partys, I could do something for you and come over from Berlin.

Anyway, your new track is excellent, though I miss the hard hitting side a bit. The synths sound wonderful and saturated and analogue, the slow beat has still a lot of energy. I like the end the most. Beautiful development, feels very natural. Soundwise it sounds quite perfect, at least on my Behringer DT 770.

Really diggin' this track! excellent come back! :wink::music:

edit, that organ works so well with your glitch fuckery.

hey thanks. I listened to some tracks of your Cybertone project and they sounded great ! That's a nice set up you seem to have.

Nice to see, that your plan with Leipzig seems to work. If you organise partys, I could do something for you and come over from Berlin.

Anyway, your new track is excellent, though I miss the hard hitting side a bit. The synths sound wonderful and saturated and analogue, the slow beat has still a lot of energy. I like the end the most. Beautiful development, feels very natural. Soundwise it sounds quite perfect, at least on my Behringer DT 770.

Thanks as well, I'm glad to hear you like how it sounds. There's actually just one piece of hardware in the track (Monotribe) and it plays more a background part.

As for the studio project, it's been a quiet beginning but we met a lot of people and started to work a little bit. We need time but hopefully we'll be able to do what we want. Organizing parties is not really in our plans yet but if we involve ourselves into some kind of electronic music event one day we could definitely keep tuned.

Good luck to you !

There's actually just one piece of hardware in the track (Monotribe) and it plays more a background part.

what... wicked! i would have sworn there is some real analogue fuckery in there... anyway, in the end no one cares so :diablo:

Organizing parties is not really in our plans yet but if we involve ourselves into some kind of electronic music event one day we could definitely keep tuned.

yeah do that, i can get people to dance with my ghetto-idm :emotawesomepm9:

What a fantastic track! Can't think of anything to improve upon. Great melodies, great percussion, solid synth choice, nice highs and lows. Looking forward to hearing more. :music:

• 3 months later...

[sc5]82804941[/sc5]

Another "finished" track. I might come back on some of the noodly melodies when I'll have some distance again. Criticism welcomed !

• 5 months later...

Here's my latest effort in music making. I'll tweak it more if I decide to release it together with other tracks, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. You comments are of course welcomed.

[sc5]109866147[/sc5]

hey,

glad you like this one! This track is a good illustration of this will I have to move from this fast and unbridled music that I've been releasing on the cassette to a slower, more laid back one. I find that programming music, especially when you want to program it complex, often makes you lose a certain feeling of real-time, and when I'm eventually able to take some distance about tracks I made I often find that most of the time it's going to fast, that I could develop the parts of my songs more. So yeah at the moment I'm pretty into this idea with the music I make. Thanks for caring, I'm following your developments to ;-)

Guest sonnyskare

[sc5]82804941[/sc5]

Another "finished" track. I might come back on some of the noodly melodies when I'll have some distance again. Criticism welcomed !

Very nice wow! I enjoy the percussion+the melody throughout. Gave it a like!

Feels like a nice finished track. Not much to criticize.

Here's my latest effort in music making. I'll tweak it more if I decide to release it together with other tracks, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. You comments are of course welcomed.

[sc5]109866147[/sc5]

Although I didn't enjoy this one as much, it's still worth a listen. I enjoyed the drum work quite a bit, but I feel like the sound could use some work. It feels a little empty but I guess it is a demo as you have said.

hey and thanks for listening. surprising you find Pluie more finished, and the newer one worse mixed because it's been way easier to mix Zeit, Diktator so far (the instruments fit naturally better together as it's the case in Pluie, where I chose sounds which were sometimes quite overlapping in term of frequencies). I also had some difficulties with the melodic progression and in some places I think it could benefit from some fixes. I consider the two tracks being "demo" versions, but i'm less sure I want to do something really achieved with Pluie as I've been hesitating with a lot of things while making it.

polar: eh you've got production skills, love the drum sounds, bass is sexy, reminds of squarepusher without sounding like a rip off, love the last synth

left comments on sc on all 3 tracks anyway :)

• 6 months later...

Another one from the last days! I made it pretty quickly, which change from the other tracks I'm working on in the moment. I might improve it according to how good I think it is in the future.

thanks for listening / enjoy / blabla

Guest sonnyskare

Another one from the last days! I made it pretty quickly, which change from the other tracks I'm working on in the moment. I might improve it according to how good I think it is in the future.

Really weird beat. I like it! Listened to the whole thing, not much I can provide in terms of advice, seems pretty complete and full.

Thanks for the comments. It's been pleasant to work on this track because I came up with it quickly and efficiently. At the end I forced myself to finish it even if there were still things I wanted to improve, because I knew I wouldn't have time to tweak it more in the next two weeks because of work, and now that I finished this first version and I'm able to have some distance with it I'm quite satisfied. It would benefit from the tweaks I wanted to make and didn't make, but I'll keep that for later if I want to release the track somehow. Basically it's just a couple of tweaks to make the beat more fluent across the track, and also spending more time on the mixing (I mixed very fast ; still it sounds already way better as a lot of things I've been tweaking over and over obsessively).

@ th555 : glad you like this one!

I love how it threatens to trip and fall over any second.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So I'll make some advertisement for the last track I finished, which you might already have heard because of this this thread. It was made for this cool field recording compilation (by the collective TEFOSAV) and I'm pretty happy with it. I would glad to hear what you guys think.

[sc5]160627682[/sc5]

• 6 months later...

[sc5]193480574[/sc5]

last track I made on da computer after a break from it. I was out in hardware wonderland but since my grumpy sequencer didn't allow me to finish the track I was working on I started a beat on Renoise after several months not using it. Probably my most breaks-oriented tracks so far, hope you enjoy!

Breaks / beats / samples are Renoise. Acid is Novation Bass Station 2. PADs are Zebralette.

Mixed / "mastered" on Reaper with free plugins and some love.

will comment on other tracks later, I got my windows partition to fix first :/

funny that Autechre comes to your mind, they're a big inspiration for me but I didn't think about them too much for this track. Although this noisy / flanged "lead" synth owes them a little something I guess. This track is pretty experimental in comparison to the ones I usually upload because its workflow is quite unusual for me, I actually never did another track like I did this one.

one night I took my Electribe SX in my bed (for lack of anything better) and did this beat / acid wonky thing. but then another night I had a little jam with the Electribe feeding my MIDIfied Monotribe with the very same acid line as MIDI data, but I happened to be in a more pitch-modulation-mood, and I also sent the Monotribe's output to my roomate's delay pedal (Electro-Harmonix Memory Man) for some additional flange action. With the over ten minutes long material (just the track with the Montribe through the delay) I made an edit, and started to build a track in Reaper with beats from the Electribe. On the top of that, I used Asynth vst for the reverbd' bass of the B part and Tyrell N6 for the pads if I remember well.

I consider this track more like a little experiment than anything else but nice to see you show some interest. I guess you thought about the live thing because this lead synth is an edit from a jam, but I build the rest of the track like a kind of collage if I remember well, recording bits of things here and there and editing them together (kind of unusual to me). recently I did live tracks on an hardware setup but I made another thread for those.

Guest 2080one

once pluie gets going around :42 I really start to get into it, and how it fizzles down and slowly picks back up is nice. I like your reversed cymbals and squelchy snare choice as well.

Archived