IGNORED

Paul McCartney to front Nirvana reunion

LimpyLoo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This news caused me to emit a surpringly high pitched lol.

...really though, Paul could probably do Kurt's vocals more justice than 99% of the competition could. Not even joking. Okay, maybe 95%...

hahaha, no way man, macca can't sing anymore. let alone scream like a cobainian!

the new 'Nirvana' song is supposed to sound like a cross between 'Helter Skelter' and 'Scentless Apprentice'... apparently

this is gonna be weird.

This news caused me to emit a surpringly high pitched lol.

...really though, Paul could probably do Kurt's vocals more justice than 99% of the competition could. Not even joking. Okay, maybe 95%...

Haha, I was wondering what your reaction to this would be!

Fuck it man, not like the band is actually reuniting with Paul McCartney, sounds like a fun experiment.

I just hope they play some rocking dirty songs like ones from Bleach or other ones with balls from later albums. I suspect they'll stick to the overplayed songs though.

Could be an abomination (most likely), could be amazing if Paul actually knew Nirvana's music and went balls out.

Bands with two bass players and no guitars are better anyway.

right! who's playing guitar? Pat Smear, surely?

are you fucking kidding me? paul is a better guitarist than curt (or pat smear, or dave grohl) could ever hope to be.

look, bash paul for the sometimes embarrassing granddad he has become, or for whatever reasons you like. if john had lived past 40...? but make no mistake, the man is a legend who could, at one time, do whatever he wanted with pretty much whatever instrument he picked up.

get off my lawn

Bands with two bass players and no guitars are better anyway.

right! who's playing guitar? Pat Smear, surely?

are you fucking kidding me? paul is a better guitarist than curt (or pat smear, or dave grohl) could ever hope to be.

look, bash paul for the sometimes embarrassing granddad he has become, or for whatever reasons you like. if john had lived past 40...? but make no mistake, the man is a legend who could, at one time, do whatever he wanted with pretty much whatever instrument he picked up.

get off my lawn

lol, paul was always an embarrassing grandad. i'm not even kidding you.

pat smear all the way, i hope. paul's too old now.

anyway, damn! kristen stewart... so lovely.

Anyways, if Kurt still wanted to be rocking out he would still be alive. It's not like he died on accident.

personally I think it was either an accident, like an overdose and somebody was with him and panicked thinking they'd take the blame and be crucified, so made it look like a suicide. or he was murdered. but this is another topic of discussion entirely.

To be honest sirch, I just wanted a context to put the phrase 'on accident' into.

As to weather his shotgun blast to the face was a drug overdose or not, I can't weight in because I was never there. I guess we will never know.

To be honest sirch, I just wanted a context to put the phrase 'on accident' into.

As to weather his shotgun blast to the face was a drug overdose or not, I can't weight in because I was never there. I guess we will never know.

yeah it was more face and chin than brain and skull. the shotgun he owned was a weaker caliber, I forgot what, but it was supposedly for protection and shooting birds so might not have actually killed him even at that close range.

none of his prints were on it. different hand writing at the end of the supposed suicide note, which was apparently just a letter he'd written about wanting to quit music/Nirvana... not actually kill himself. etc. etc.

anyway, this concert sucks, all these bands are so boring... ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Can't say I really care enough to be bothered by this but the idea of McCartney singing Nirvana songs does seem a bit absurd. You know who would be a good candidate for a Kurt sound-alike? The dude from Puddle of Mudd, I mean sure PoM was never a great band, but the dude's voice had a lot of similarities to Kurt's.

For reference:

As for the "Nirvana SUX LOL" ppl in this thread

Seriously, you guys... just listen to Breed. come on.

listen to on a plane. there is so much great shit. it's a now and then thing, and sure, it's pop

but we're not sitting here saying Thriller sucks

and honestly, it's better than that. he made some monolithic tunes

and beyond that it's some of the most nihilistic shit ever made. it's art. and it's quite disgusting and bizarre, and even well formed. it's authentic. definitely a bit "romantic."

if you need a better idea, listen to In Utero then listen to the self-titled RATM album. that's a good representation of "what it is"

Archived