IGNORED

Paul McCartney to front Nirvana reunion

LimpyLoo

Cobain was indisputably a musical genius, as in, without question genius understanding of songwriting.

But he was also a nihilist, so he didn't try. And thus his music wasn't exactly high art. He was aware of his heightened abilities, yet, there was no reason for him to give a fuck. Either way he was getting paid. o id.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please tell me I just imagined ppl suggesting the Puddle of Mudd singer as a better replacement... or that my sarcasm detector is completely out of commission in my old age.

And yes, this is absurb. But I could see it being much better than anyone ever expected. McCartney does have one of the most versatile voices around. Someone played me a solo song by him recently, and I swore I was listening to an angry black man. When he told me it was McCartney at first I was completely taken aback, then I remembered who belted out almost every Beatles rocker.

I hope they bring in Slash to play some gnarly riffs and Santana to do some sexy solos.

irregardless, what was great about Nirvana was their scrappiness and I don't get a whiff of that from this song. Just some aging rockers putting 2 and 2 together and deciding to make a cash grab. Oh well, they look like they're having fun. Too bad the music sucks.

here's a chance for courtney to say something stupid and remind of that she exists

10 quid says CL tries to blow PM in the green room.

Nah, she already got 4 million out of him, sans BJ

Here's the stupid thing she said; I give it a 7.2/10:

"Look," she said, "maybe if John were still alive it would be cool."

Well that was an abomination. Is that the only song they played? Really does sound like guys from different bands jamming, creating a simple hard rock song. Even without focusing on vocals, this sounds absolutely nothing like a Nirvana song. Though who's to say they wouldn't sound like just a simple hard rock band if they were still around? Bleh.

Really was hoping to hear Paul McCartney sing some actual Nirvana songs.

Archived