IGNORED

Vice Creators Project: Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra

funkaholic

Any WATMMers recognise themselves in the crowd near the start, I kept looking for myself in the background but nope.

How was it live? I've only seen some videos of it and the whole stuff sounded and looked pretty silly. Like RDJ is randomly pushing some buttons and looks what happens but has no concept or composition behind it...

Any reviews on it?

No, but I have a review of you if you'd like to hear it.

You really live up to your profile picture, don't you? :cry:

Any WATMMers recognise themselves in the crowd near the start, I kept looking for myself in the background but nope.

How was it live? I've only seen some videos of it and the whole stuff sounded and looked pretty silly. Like RDJ is randomly pushing some buttons and looks what happens but has no concept or composition behind it...

Any reviews on it?

No, but I have a review of you if you'd like to hear it.

Aww man, I'm only playing.

Let me take this opportunity to say:

To everyone who I teased or called "fartface"...I didn't mean to hurt you, i was only playing, or whatever

Aww man, I'm only playing.

Let me take this opportunity to say:

To everyone who I teased or called "fartface"...I didn't mean to hurt you, i was only playing, or whatever

I like playing. Happy New Year :beer:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KRiSh 05
his remote orchestra on European Culture Congress was better

I agree.. probably cause the Polish Orchestra itself was better than the London one..

The debut also always plays an important role in the overall energy.. but it's really hard to figure it out and judge from poor videos.

Creators Project video is quite stupid..it's just a trailer... but judging from the shooting i'd say they shoot the entire video documentation of the performance with pro cams. Probably this was done in order to publish a DVD or to mix materials later if the Creators will host another performance of him but sponsored by them.

Would be really interesting to know how much the thing costs.

He's just continuing making things even more serious.. i bet he has always been intrigued by theatre and live art performances and now he is stepping inside..

I like the direction of his artistic research.. microtonal variations surely but mostly the arranging of a conceptual music performance in a theatrical manner. Actually the overall performance can be considered as a "total theatre" performance.

This is something that goes beyond the simple multimedia or audio/video perfomance boundaries, and we can expect more from him.

As you can see this project is constantly evolving as it's an experimentation, and this is the approach i like.

He's not scared about failure, none should be.

Failure is necessary.

Archived