IGNORED

Vice Creators Project: Aphex Twin's Remote Orchestra

funkaholic

Firstly, I like Aphex`s tour manager. Secondly, is it safe to shine lasers onto disco balls? Thirdly, if Aphex is going down this path of installation based entertainment I expect him to be as innovative and creative as he has been his entire career. I really don't want to see him get lazy and compensate with grandiosity.

as always dicky gets the last laugh

"what shall i impose on these hapless stage hands and orchestra players next"………..

charmed life that bloke

I don't know who Joey Essex is; it's kinda weird that the editor of that short video decided to include so much of that guy's rant about the sort of people who would nay-say Aphex's project. Don't get me wrong--I agree with the general theme of his rant, but it's a bit out of place to include it. Also, why wasn't Aphex interviewed for that? Seems like he would be the most appropriate person to have in there.

I hope this is a precursor to a DVD or album or something. I want it!

Nice to see it properly documented - Love the guys rant from 2:20 onwards !

Any WATMMers recognise themselves in the crowd near the start, I kept looking for myself in the background but nope.

Not sure why matey needs to mention TOWIE. Seems pretty obvious if you are into Aphex, chances are you won't be into Joey Essex.

So it seems as though Richard is flexing his wings, and re-entering the concious of the music public? As this is a fairly commercial effort at least.

I don't know who Joey Essex is; it's kinda weird that the editor of that short video decided to include so much of that guy's rant about the sort of people who would nay-say Aphex's project. Don't get me wrong--I agree with the general theme of his rant, but it's a bit out of place to include it. Also, why wasn't Aphex interviewed for that? Seems like he would be the most appropriate person to have in there.

I hope this is a precursor to a DVD or album or something. I want it!

He doesn't really do proper interviews anymore. I was trying to find this ridiculous video on youtube by some british guy in a mask where he explains the whole thing, bu alas I could not find it.

I did find this though...

I wasn't aware SPD^2 made this until he started singing..."SPD representing WATMM at Coachella"... lol

Any WATMMers recognise themselves in the crowd near the start, I kept looking for myself in the background but nope.

How was it live? I've only seen some videos of it and the whole stuff sounded and looked pretty silly. Like RDJ is randomly pushing some buttons and looks what happens but has no concept or composition behind it...

Any reviews on it?

How was it live? I've only seen some videos of it and the whole stuff sounded and looked pretty silly. Like RDJ is randomly pushing some buttons and looks what happens but has no concept or composition behind it...

Any reviews on it?

No, but I have a review of you if you'd like to hear it.

I'll cut to the chase, if this remote orchestra is the next Aphex album I will be bitterly dissapointed. I just hope he will release something braindancey along side it. I'm usually last at the queue when it comes to being negative about new music but thats how I feel at the moment.

I'll cut to the chase, if this remote orchestra is the next Aphex album I will be bitterly dissapointed. I just hope he will release something braindancey along side it. I'm usually last at the queue when it comes to being negative about new music but thats how I feel at the moment.

If I had to guess at the format of a next album, I'd envision something like Drukqs but instead of dense computer songs it'd be those big layered analog jams he's been dropping into shows for a few years now, & instead of piano tracks it'd be these zany orchestra experiments

Any reviews on it?

This was my take on the night (various other reviews further on in the thread) - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/74470-warpbot-aphex-twin-remote-orchestra-show-at-the-barbican-london/page-4?do=findComment&comment=1888870

Archived