IGNORED

Portland

Guest weed

• 4 years later...

going to be here from wednesday to sunday. anyone wanna recommend some good places to eat, party (booze), crate dig? been checking online but would also appreciate some human feedback.

go to the food truck block on 10th in the NW you'll find everything you need, recommend the cheesus christ sandwich. Art gallery is great, Washington Park, Powell's books, Ignatius' synth store Modular 8 in the SE yeah yeah

Ground Kontrol is a barcade that has a pretty good selection of beers and games. Voodoo Doughnut is also worth checking out. Control Voltage is a good synth store and also close to Mississippi Pizza/Atlantis Lounge. There are some decent bars and breweries on Mississippi that are worth checking out.

it's 103 degrees right now wtf i'm dead. 

happy to entertain in the synth shop and talk about autechre until my boss turns blue and falls over. 

1416 se morrison. Modular8.  lot's of gear to goof on and a bunch of records too. 

there's floyd's coffee shop 2 doors down for A+ espresso drinks. solid. 

if you're doing outdoor stuff like going up a hill to see a view let me know.. there's some gems that are right in portland where you get good views and don't have to hike at all. 

there's lot's of stuff to do and see and eat and drink regardless of diet and allergies etc.. 

what part of town you staying in?  2nd saturday (aug 12th if you're still here) is a hardware only night for performers. free. lot's of synths and machines.. short sets.. loud noisy etc. 

also, aug 12th is Mr. Projectile album release party.  

there are several food truck blocks.. they've been moving around a  bit because of all the development going on. 

I was just in Portland two weeks ago - lovely city. Thank god I got out of there before this crazy heat wave hit. The whole time I was there it was highs in the 80's. So nice.

what part of town you staying in? 

i'm on north west thompson road. i'm surrounded by trees and there is a HUGE park/forest here. and yes, it's fucking hawt here WTF???!!!! i though i was escaping LA's 90F heat only to come to oregon's 100+ heat. 

not sure i'll be doing anything outdoors because of the heat tomorrow (maybe friday or saturday?)- mostly explore downtown, take my better half shopping, search for a few records then a beer and a bite. 

the food truck thing is locked down in LA so not sure i'm excited about that. grabbed a couple of local pints tonight which i'm sucking on right now, snogged a random hippy dame in her 40s and now about to call it a night.

in the words of melvin van peebles: so far, things couldn't be better (except the fucking weather)

what part of town you staying in? 

i'm on north west thompson road. i'm surrounded by trees and there is a HUGE park/forest here. and yes, it's fucking hawt here WTF???!!!! i though i was escaping LA's 90F heat only to come to oregon's 100+ heat. 

not sure i'll be doing anything outdoors because of the heat tomorrow (maybe friday or saturday?)- mostly explore downtown, take my better half shopping, search for a few records then a beer and a bite. 

the food truck thing is locked down in LA so not sure i'm excited about that. grabbed a couple of local pints tonight which i'm sucking on right now, snogged a random hippy dame in her 40s and now about to call it a night.

in the words of melvin van peebles: so far, things couldn't be better (except the fucking weather)

Once the heat dies down, do yourself a favour (if you like gardens/plants) and go check out the Rose Test Garden in Portland, and if you enjoy nature/hiking, go check out Multnomah Falls about 30 minutes outside Portland. Great places, and both are FREE. Parking is a PITA at the Rose Garden though.

portland sucks. no sense of irony about itself. portlandia is not making fun, it's gross auto-fellatio - "that's right!! we are quirky and unusual!!" 

white people.

this is every city

That is also every city... and every small town full of people who think they are special for not living in a city.

Edit - wait the bay area is worst, nevermind.

Archived