IGNORED

North Korea

syd syside

Alright start posting in the thread when you've read them all.

Also, maybe consider learning Korean, then you can get a Korean perspective on things.

i said soon...meaning real life soon not internet forum soon.

do you mean pdfs on learning Korean or Korean pdfs on North Korea?

both pdfs and north korean pdf

any more pdfs and I will consider it. the low storage files are manageable, so I am not too worried about running out of space, but just incase send me the pdfs and back-up the pdf compressed zip folder, so I can accesss it. If I archive pdfs, it might take longer. So don't send me all the pdfs, gradually send a few and I'll update you. If you aren't online I'll pdf the data and send it to you with what I need. I will find you and take your pdfs and delete the originals, if you fail to comply. My archive should be cooled once I can finish my pdfs mapper, I should be able to boost to 3 new CPU core processor in a year. If I don't hear from you before then I will probably be reporting to the UBS and will go into melt zone and destroy all pdfs and any back-ups.

Thanks

China's North Korean experts have mixed opinions...

Quote:
In Global Times, Zhang Liangui, a North Korea expert at the Communist Party's Central Party School, foresees a "70- 80% likelihood of war breaking out on the Korean Peninsula", and believes that North Korea's aim is reunification with the South by armed force.

Cai Jian, deputy director of the Centre for Korean Studies at Shanghai's Fudan University, disagrees and tells Global Times that a large-scale military conflict is unlikely to break out because North Korea's threats are largely just psychological warfare against the US and South Korea.

Pang Zhongying, a professor of international relations at Beijing's Renmin University, says North Korea is becoming "a headache" and is no longer heeding Beijing's concerns. He indicates to South China Morning Post that China and the US may co-operate to contain Pyongyang.

nuclear-arms3_green.gif

Am i the only one who thinks this whole situation is being fabricated by the US media? the whole thing feels so fake and unreal.

Edited by Deer

:wink:

UK MP George Galloway on North Korea:

Quote:
This is an extraordinarily, absolutely, uniquely cohesive political entity and society… I’ve been there. I’ve seen it up close and personal… They do have a satellite circling the Earth. They do have a cohesive, pristine, innocent culture. A culture that has not been penetrated by globalisation and by Western mores… I’m much more afraid of the United States of America and so are most people in the world.

What the Christ? How does this clown even get elected?

Here's an interesting breakdown of NK's military strength, while I have no doubt that the US and it's allies still have superiority (Unfortunately I have no breakdown of U.S. arms)... It's clear NK has the strength to put up a decent fight back. Their Navy and Air Force would most likely be annihilated in about a week, however a ground war could be devestating in it's death toll for both sides...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/10/graphic-north-koreas-conventional-arms/

Here's an interesting breakdown of NK's military strength, while I have no doubt that the US and it's allies still have superiority (Unfortunately I have no breakdown of U.S. arms)... It's clear NK has the strength to put up a decent fight back. Their Navy and Air Force would most likely be annihilated in about a week, however a ground war could be devestating in it's death toll for both sides...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/04/10/graphic-north-koreas-conventional-arms/

yeah. the interesting thing is, IF a war were to happen (and neither side really wants this), the immense numbers of casualties would likely occur in the first month or so of the war: without implicit Chinese materiel support, the N.Korean infrastructure would collapse into slow partisan chaos.....though now that I think about it....that's a possibility for high casualties too.

dunno if this has been posted, interesting opinion from Kim Hyun Hee (planned bombing of a S.Korean airliner, later repudiated her actions)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/10/kim-hyun-hee-north-korea-spy-kim-jong-un-struggling-control-military_n_3050816.html?utm_hp_ref=world

a few days ago I was trying to get a sense of NK military prowess and found something that seemed interesting - If I searched for "largest militaries in the world" it seemed to not even make it into the top 10, as most sites rank based on expenditure, not headcount. Which tells us their budget is small. However if you search by headcount, they seem to have the largest military in the world. Which says to me: that's a lot of cannon fodder. I mean is ground troop headcount superiority even relevant any longer, when the other side could simply "bomb them back to the stone-age" as the neocons like to say. If there was a war, though, I guess that would mean immense NK civilian casualties. Sucks.

a few days ago I was trying to get a sense of NK military prowess and found something that seemed interesting - If I searched for "largest militaries in the world" it seemed to not even make it into the top 10, as most sites rank based on expenditure, not headcount. Which tells us their budget is small. However if you search by headcount, they seem to have the largest military in the world. Which says to me: that's a lot of cannon fodder. I mean is ground troop headcount superiority even relevant any longer, when the other side could simply "bomb them back to the stone-age" as the neocons like to say. If there was a war, though, I guess that would mean immense NK civilian casualties. Sucks.

that's pretty much the impression i got from a few books/articles in the past.

but there is danger there; the casualties incurred would be from the actual missile strikes, not from the sheer amount of infantry being thrown at one side or the other. if a peninsular war was waged by that strategy, N. Korea would be done in one to two months, if not sooner. Its the missiles and the close proximity of Seoul to the border that have everyone worried.

But again, this seems like a lot of chest thumping on both sides here. I'd tend to side with Hyun-Hee. Neither side wants a war.

the NK leadership isnt crazy. they're not gonna start a war cause they know they would be wiped out in a hurry.

and yeah headcount doesn't really matter...especially with the NK troops being underfed. a month is optimistic.

the NK leadership isnt crazy. they're not gonna start a war cause they know they would be wiped out in a hurry.

and yeah headcount doesn't really matter...especially with the NK troops being underfed. a month is optimistic.

I'd say they are pretty fucking crazy.

where are the pdfs?

Edited by compson