IGNORED

Remix competition: 4001

mcbpete

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

love it impakt but the rapping on the second half.. it's funny but it wrecks it.

The second half is just for fun :p It's bubba from watmm on the mic!

oh good, i kinda hoped that

Guest matrigs

love it impakt but the rapping on the second half.. it's funny but it wrecks it.

i find the rapping immensely hilarious, and wouldn't want to listen to it ever without the vocals. you could dehiss it a bit, though.

wouldn't you want to just choose a few parts of that an loop them for a bit? this would make a pretty propper track imho.

i find the rapping immensely hilarious, and wouldn't want to listen to it ever without the vocals. you could dehiss it a bit, though.

wouldn't you want to just choose a few parts of that an loop them for a bit? this would make a pretty propper track imho.

Yeah, he recorded the final version of the bonus with the vocals on his shitty mic so it's quite noisy..

Lovely. So, let’s see how the contest goes and then maybe we can reconvene here and figure out a way to get each other’s tracks to each other in good quality. Good luck all!

Ok, think I have it. Any mod, feel free to delete my above posts.Not enough coffee.

[sc5]84085544[/sc5]

Great work; I enjoyed the how you altered the melodie's original key!

I love hearing all these interpretations and putting together a WATMM download of all the remixes we made would be great!

Guest matrigs

Ok, think I have it. Any mod, feel free to delete my above posts.Not enough coffee.

[sc5]84085544[/sc5]

i like that very much, but soundwise this has still a lot to do. especially the part around the 5 minute mark is pretty dense and mushed.

also just out of curiosity - have you deliberately used such harsh time+stretch algorhythms? around 4:40 on the synth stabs it gets pretty rough. i have used slowed a few samples even 4 times in my own remix but used those "pro" algorhythms from ableton to soften the sound up.

still - i especially dig the additional melodies layered on top of the original. very god mix imho and exciting to listen to.

Thanks very much for the feedback! Valid points, ok, basically, I did this mix fairly quickly so it probably could do with a bit

of polishing certainly, I wasn't being super particular because I honestly did it for fun and not so much with any intention to try and win.

I'm fairly old school in my techniques so the time stretching probably sounds a bit rough compared to more modern algorithms I can imagine, but yes, intentional, I like a bit of grit. I might revisit the mix with fresher ears later but for now I reckon it's mostly done as a track.

Glad you enjoyed it! Thought your mix was great btw.

Guest Spunk Monkey

The remixes sound more professional than Tom's (new) stuf. :-D

The remixes sound more professional than Tom's (new) stuf. :-D

You Sure?

Awesome! Classy stuff.

Let’s definitely plan on trying to get these all together as a download. I’m happy to volunteer, if that suits you all.

This sounds the best so far of everything I've heard.

Drum & Bassy!

Great version. I’ve been wondering though, remix-contest-wise, do you think maybe that versions like this are not “different enough” to win? In terms of changes made to the original track, this mix is pretty conservative.

As you can tell I’ve been overthinking my strategy here…

Guest matrigs

i can't find any info about sending multiple remixes. does anybody now?

this is the one i'm sending for sure, the one i was posting before. it sounds very similar to those previous versions, but i was so happy with it from the beginning that i just didn't want to change it too much.

i have actually rather substracted parts to make the mix more clear, and polished out a few parts. sadly, the mix is still very dense and actually rather unpleasant to listen to tbh. i think it might be possible to repair that with mastering alone, but i'm not skillful enough for that.

[sc5]84746297[/sc5]

yeah so instead of further working on the first one i actually made a quick alternative edit of it. it's not really anything special but has a pretty different groove.

[sc5]84746682[/sc5]

Guest matrigs

This sounds the best so far of everything I've heard.

Drum & Bassy!

Great version. I’ve been wondering though, remix-contest-wise, do you think maybe that versions like this are not “different enough” to win? In terms of changes made to the original track, this mix is pretty conservative.

As you can tell I’ve been overthinking my strategy here…

that remix is nice, very bogdanish. but srsly it sounds like crap. there are no highs in this mix at all. i hope that is just an early pre-mastering version, as this ruins some pretty nice work.

i would definitely not call that mix conservative. adding that extra 303 layer, and replaying the melody with different synth are definitely major changes in the original.

i like a few of the already uploaded tracks. but there is no winner material yet.

Archived