IGNORED

Remix competition: 4001

mcbpete

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Straight Up Hip Hop on the Strengph G!

DAmn this is taking forever to load... I started the dl... took the kids to the park... went out for burgers and laughs... came back and its still downloading!

Hmm this seems like fun. I agree, just having Tom (hopefully) listening to something I made would be sweet. Although I'm a little bummed at the side chaining. ANywho still cool caint wait to get started.

Guest matrigs

well, that's how far i got with this. i think i overdid it a little with the rave stabs at the end, but it think this is more or less what i will send.

these stems are in fact pretty shabby, with the synths being recorded with sidechains and all the drums exported into one track :( that's much more suited to do a re-mix than a remix.

well, that's how far i got with this. i think i overdid it a little with the rave stabs at the end, but it think this is more or less what i will send.

these stems are in fact pretty shabby, with the synths being recorded with sidechains and all the drums exported into one track :( that's much more suited to do a re-mix than a remix.

That's actually darn good man - good work !

Guest matrigs

thanks, but this could be a lot better honestly. the tempo kind of asked for a jukeish approach. i didn't have any own ideas, so i tried to pitifuly make it sound a bit like that awesome machinedrum remix of bonobo.

well thankfully there is a lot of time left.

[edit] nah, no chance on winning. i have participated in dozens of remix contests like this and like always, some overproduced dnb or dubstep junk will win.

i'm pretty much doubting that tom will himself listen and choose the winning one.

Tasty mix, nice work!

Guest matrigs

ah well, wonderful sunday! have completely revamped that one. tossed out that 4/4 crap at the end and those ravey stabs. it got a bit breakcoreish at the end though.

also tossed out the bassline and build a new one from scratch. usually when remixing i try not to add any artificial samples and synths beside the ones provided in the stems / sample pack. but in this case i just had to add an instance of massive for the bass as i just couldn't squeeze anything usefull out of those stems, even after aplying heavy dsp.

i am much more confident with this version, and that's pretty much what i will send after i tidy it up a bit.

for now my head is just exploding after 8 hours with headphones on full volume. jeez.

Guest khurmookum

wow, very cool indeed, both versions have exciting aspects.

have you considered maybe using bits of both of them for a final hymnic approach?

like, for instance, take (roughly) the first half of preliminary2, followed by (roughly) the first third of mix1, then intercut the remainder of both alternatingly in a wise manner... i could imagine this would result in a very intense build-up of energy that would match mr. jenkinson's work, to say the least. just an idea.

------

on a different note, has any of you fine knob-twiddling gentlemen tried to work with these .wav-file stems in logic? i find it baffling that in logic i can't get to play them other than at what seems to be half-speed (dub-like effect)

any knowledgeable hints?

watmms, plz?

Archived