IGNORED

Remix competition: 4001

mcbpete

facebook

"Due to the overwhelming and genuinely humbling response to the "4001" remix competition, we have been unable to satisfactorily process all of the entries in the time we originally stated.
In order to give all of the submissions a fair audition, we have no choice but to delay announcing the winner.
We appreciate your understanding and will have made the selection by Monday 22nd April.
"

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

facebook

"Due to the overwhelming and genuinely humbling response to the "4001" remix competition, we have been unable to satisfactorily process all of the entries in the time we originally stated.

In order to give all of the submissions a fair audition, we have no choice but to delay announcing the winner.

We appreciate your understanding and will have made the selection by Monday 22nd April."

what did you -expect-, warp

you'd get three entries, one from AFX?

Maybe a slight bit of target misinformation. They don't seem to be aware that everyone that listens to Squarepusher is basically a huge nerd and very likely to make a remix, haha :)

More like Tom saying to Warp.... "Look Mindy, i'm working on a track... fuck off with the remixes already. Give keyfumbler the goddamn headphones if he wants them so much. Jesus fucking tap-dancing christ!".

[youtubehd]Lj2qRbHJzsc[/youtubehd]

"Thank you to everyone who entered the competition -the response has been overwhelming. Had I known it would generate this much good music representing such a varied range of approaches, I'd have abandoned the concept of having a single winner. However, that was the basis of the

competition, so a winner it must have ... I didn't have a criteria in mind, I just checked them all out as I would any other music. In the end, the Bacalao remix won because it was a proper rollercoaster ride and put a big smile on my face! There were many other favourites, but the Pyrate and Yoshimitsutsunaki remixes also stood out and are

indicative of the variety and high standard of the entries. Overall, big up to everyone. It's been emotional. Tom"

[youtubehd]Lj2qRbHJzsc[/youtubehd]

"Thank you to everyone who entered the competition -the response has been overwhelming. Had I known it would generate this much good music representing such a varied range of approaches, I'd have abandoned the concept of having a single winner. However, that was the basis of the

competition, so a winner it must have ... I didn't have a criteria in mind, I just checked them all out as I would any other music. In the end, the Bacalao remix won because it was a proper rollercoaster ride and put a big smile on my face! There were many other favourites, but the Pyrate and Yoshimitsutsunaki remixes also stood out and are

indicative of the variety and high standard of the entries. Overall, big up to everyone. It's been emotional. Tom"

I am so glad this remix won; it is a varied and risky arrangement done with a huge amount of skill and a liberal dousing of humor! It must've been a nightmare whittling all these entrants down, though it sounds like Tom enjoyed the process according to his quote.

Folks, anyone could share the stems with me? I missed this contest and I cannot download them from Bleep.com anymore...

:cry:

Folks, anyone could share the stems with me? I missed this contest and I cannot download them from Bleep.com anymore...

i have them and I'm willing to upload them somewhere for you when I get home. Do you know of a good/easy site for me to do this that I don't have to make an account for?

https://www.wetransfer.com/

Thanks a million!

:w00t:

i have them and I'm willing to upload them somewhere for you when I get home. Do you know of a good/easy site for me to do this that I don't have to make an account for?

https://www.wetransfer.com/

Thanks a million!

:w00t:

Link posted here in case anyone else missed the stems. It's 1.3gb!

http://we.tl/E9sZSoSNLx

Archived