IGNORED

Remix competition: 4001

mcbpete

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest matrigs

on your soundcloud, click on "share" and look at the "wordpress code". in case of your track:

[soundcloud url="http://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/84821783" params="" width=" 100%" height="166" iframe="true" /]

now the "84821783" is the track number

you now use again, "special bbcode" then "soundcloud html5" and you paste only the "84821783"

Or if you use the old (but works better than the continually b0rken web2.0 thing) BBCode Mode, just cut and paste the whole URL and it automatically converts it for you -

Guest Gloom Nox

Okay. Technically not a remix but more of a cover track since I ended up using none of the stems. Here goes:

Some nice remixes in this thread for sure, unfortunately no time to deliver something myself although I already spend some time cutting the stems :(. Hope to hear more remixes exchanging the original drum & synth tracks with other timbres / sounds, or at least process them into something different. Otherwise it all sounds kind off same'y imo.

Guest placidburp

Okay. Technically not a remix but more of a cover track since I ended up using none of the stems. Here goes:

Wow! Excellent cover!

Here is mine, sounds like the gremlins theme tune -

I actually had a dream last night that the remixers were all gathered in a warehouse sitting on the floor dressed like tramps and that TJ was amongst us to judge each track on the fly. Joyrex picked the first one to play for Tom and it started out 4001ish but devolved into a sort of anarachic flash mob with paint raining down on everyone and Tom appreciating the funny side of it before settling down to hours of listening to remixes......seriously. Fucked up !

Guest matrigs

Otherwise it all sounds kind off same'y imo.

Well, the stems are pretty limited. Also - a good remix resembles the original a lot, so i guess that's even a good thing.

Sad that you won't find time to finish something. I listened to a few of your soundclouds and i find them rather dope.

I actually had a dream last night that the remixers were all gathered in a warehouse sitting on the floor dressed like tramps and that TJ was amongst us to judge each track on the fly. Joyrex picked the first one to play for Tom and it started out 4001ish but devolved into a sort of anarachic flash mob with paint raining down on everyone and Tom appreciating the funny side of it before settling down to hours of listening to remixes......seriously. Fucked up !

If only that were true!

Guest matrigs

besides my unanswered question about sending multiple remixes: "by 30th may" means that you can still send them on saturday? or is friday the official deadline.

I first thought about a remix but without the possibility to use other sounds as well this is pretty limited in remix imaginations.

Guest matrigs

I first thought about a remix but without the possibility to use other sounds as well this is pretty limited in remix imaginations.

but you CAN use other sounds. nearly every remix submitted i listened to has something added. the only thing stated is that you cannot use any uncleared samples. i highly doubt that they will bother with some additional drumloops or one-shots.

i haven't used any (well, besides a rimshot sample) in my own remix, but thanks to the horrible stems my mix sounds very flat and unlively. again, other mixes i've heard with artificial stuff sound much more clear and nice.

Guest khurmookum

I have 9 minutes of total jammy mess at the moment. There's not much time left. This is gonna be close.

pleaze dont throw it away - must be included in the remix sampler - maybe as a grotty neu!-style remx?

Guest matrigs

I always sucked at remixing something, tried hard on this one because I love the original track but after 3 days of intense work I only ended with a shitty, weird sounding and unfinished hip-hop track :unsure:

Oof, I ran outta time. And those other entries you just linked are tops. Guess I’m gonna upload my 9-minute soupy jam thing. Here it is watmm!

Archived