IGNORED

Remix competition: 4001

mcbpete

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally downloading the stems (seriously, it's taken 5 hours and it's at 1.2gb—how fucking big is this file?!). I think I'll shit out a quick LiveSlice remix.

Guest CraniumXII

Pretty fockin' nice! It's like "Hard Normal Daddy " Pusher meets "Ufabulum" Pusher. Also stays true to the original... downloaded :)

Total pisstake version!!!.......I like it for its pasticheness but don't think it's a serious contender

Aye... but what a fine piss it twas :D

Cheesy and playful.

Guest matrigs

uploaded finally. not in my hands right now. was pretty fun.

that bacalao dude is as badass as it gets. you can clearly hear that there is a lot of work in his remix, still he risks goofing around with it. that's pretty admireable.

Guest CraniumXII

uploaded finally. not in my hands right now. was pretty fun.

that bacalao dude is as badass as it gets. you can clearly hear that there is a lot of work in his remix, still he risks goofing around with it. that's pretty admireable.

Cheers, Matrigs... You're mix was sounding great too. It's also been on my playlist recently... Was the touch of "Tuss" intentional on the original upload? Great work, though! Wish I could hear the final version.

I think if anyone is gonna understand the goofing around on tracks, it would be Tom!

Some great work overall though...

https://soundcloud.com/rddm0d0a/4001-rddm-remix

First post here and first shot at something like this. There's been some pretty killer remixes on here so far.

Cheers!

Or if you use the old (but works better than the continually b0rken web2.0 thing) BBCode Mode, just cut and paste the whole URL and it automatically converts it for you -

Fun and farty!

Okay. Technically not a remix but more of a cover track since I ended up using none of the stems. Here goes:

I'm not usually into the sound of Accordions but it worked really well in this case! I really like how you modulated up and down during the chorus; nice deviation from the original!

Here is mine, sounds like the gremlins theme tune -

Wasn't sure about this one at first, but those additional synths provide some beautiful melodic interactions.

Pretty fockin' nice! It's like "Hard Normal Daddy " Pusher meets "Ufabulum" Pusher. Also stays true to the original... downloaded :)

Total pisstake version!!!.......I like it for its pasticheness but don't think it's a serious contender

I LOL'd at this! Amazing jazzy interlude and the 'Hello!'

Alright, I did this:

[sc5]85467895[/sc5]

It sounded like a Clark mix at first... I really like this... It's a deliberately mutated test-tube baby of a remix. It needed to be at least 9 minutes!

Man, I hope this actually made it to his dropbox. For about 10 minutes it was telling me the file went missing or had been removed. Appears to be there now:

https://soundcloud.com/#zephyr-nova/zephyr-nova-remixes

This is better than the original. /contest

Yeah this is really expertly put together. It'll be a contender for sure. Super slick and musical. He'll love it.

Please send all entries to soundcloud.com/squarepusher/dropbox by March 30th 2013 for a chance to...

stupid question alert, but does 'by' here mean before the 30th or can a remix still be submitted today before midnight?

I started one yesterday. I won't finish in time to submit it, but I'll post it up here. I don't really care about the competition anyhow.

It's good, i've heardee heard.

As in you've heard that it's good, or you heard it and thought it was good?

If the former, thanks! If the latter... I don't know it appears to still be there and set to public, but I just had to log in to view it, so beats me.

Regarding the vague deadline "by March 30th", I think only bleep/Squarepusher know what that means. I went with the first-minute-of-March-30-UK-time interpretation just to be safe, even though that was super annoying. I really hate it when contests are unclear about deadlines, which they almost always are.

If the former, thanks! If the latter... I don't know it appears to still be there and set to public, but I just had to log in to view it, so beats me.

Regarding the vague deadline "by March 30th", I think only bleep/Squarepusher know what that means. I went with the first-minute-of-March-30-UK-time interpretation just to be safe, even though that was super annoying. I really hate it when contests are unclear about deadlines, which they almost always are.

I'm glad you reminded me. I was about to try and finish mine, but then I remembered it is almost midnight there.

https://soundcloud.com/mopfunk/squarepusher-4001-mopfunk-mash

here's my final mix, it's okay. whatevs it was fun!

great job everyone! i hope someone from watmmmmm wins this. probably will, judging by what i've heard. very impressed.

edit: dunno why the player isn't showing up

https://soundcloud.com/mopfunk/squarepusher-4001-mopfunk-mash

here's my final mix, it's okay. whatevs it was fun!

great job everyone! i hope someone from watmmmmm wins this. probably will, judging by what i've heard. very impressed.

edit: dunno why the player isn't showing up

I like where you took this! Starts very strong with the 'lush' synth and the handclaps near the end are very nutritious sounding!

I heard it.

Archived