IGNORED

Marvel Movies [formerly MCU]

Rubin Farr

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Out of all these films Guardians of the Galaxy is the only one I would consider re-watching. I still end up watching them all, out of curiosity. Not in the cinema though, I'm not going to finance this nonsense.

Watched Civil War, dozed off at a few places. Why do I expect any of these superhero movies to bring anything else than mindless popcorn action. Meh. The final phase with the Infinity Gems better payoff, but it will anyways end up like any other of these movies, but I guess more explosions and destructions with nothing really on the line (yes, I am sure humanity is on the line, but I don't really care about it, the movies have failed to make me invested in any of the characters).

Guest bitroast

yeah agreeing on a couple of above points. guardians was fun because it felt really self contained and had its own kind of dumb hollywood flavoured unique personality and sense of humour.

i tried captain smeerica winter soldier and it (for me personally!!) just took itself waay too seriously ...

• 1 month later...

The end of Luke Cage really fell apart, mostly due to the shitty fight choreography, so this has a lot to answer for. I'm thinking the costume won't appear AGAIN until episode 13.

Ghost Rider will now be a character in the MCU, debuting on Agents of SHIELD this season, which is a terrible show, but this might get me to watch one or two episodes with him in it.

They know SHIELD sucks; that's why they're starting to add actual superheros instead of these secret agent dorks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks more entertaining than the other marvel shows but I don't think I'll bother.

The costume design and music selection seem to be intentionally making the time period it takes place in non-descript, although there is a character named Syd Barrett. Whether anything shown on the series is actually happening, or if it's all imagined inside David's head seems to be the premise. The New Mutants storyline taking place completely inside David's psychological landscape was one of their best and most beloved, with those insanely excellent covers by Bill Sienkiewicz. I wonder if David will have multiple personalities as he does in the books.

• 2 weeks later...