IGNORED

Marvel Movies [formerly MCU]

Rubin Farr

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bitroast

They are mostly scared of investing $200m+ on a new "blockbuster" in case it flops like John Carter. Better to stick the dollar where the fan base already is, like Iron Man or Harry Potter

ugh

john carter was so close to almost being good. if john carter was actually good it would've been amazing :(

but yeah your point is valid.

Mr Farr, educate me please.

I recently watched both Avengers movies because I've been marathoning loads of Half in the Bag episodes and my interest was piqued.

They both seemed pretty much the same to me, entertaining nonsense.

What makes the second one bad to you 'nerd' guys?

i didn't like either of them particularly (although the second did feel particularly dumb). only marvel films i was entertained by really were iron man for some occasional wit and winter soldier for the good practical action sequences.

Guest bitroast

im sad the first captain america was so terrible. the whole premise of the film to me is probably one of the more exciting to get behind. but ... what a cgi trainwreck that one was.

Guest bitroast

Need to rewatch Iron Man.

Need is a strong word.. I enjoyed Iron man but also have no real desire to watch it a second time. cannot remember 2 but it had that cool bad guy in it i think. Iron Man 3 was BORING.

ah I still need to watch 3, the RLM opinion seems to be that 1 and 3 are good and 2 is the dud.

I saw 1 and 2 on tv at work this week and enjoyed both tbh.

I saw the first one in the cinema and remember being pleasantly surprised by how entertaining the first half was. By the time we get to the last third though, with the predictable Big Boss Battle, I got bored and fell asleep (disclaimer: was quite/very drunk).

Mr Farr, educate me please.

I recently watched both Avengers movies because I've been marathoning loads of Half in the Bag episodes and my interest was piqued.

They both seemed pretty much the same to me, entertaining nonsense.

What makes the second one bad to you 'nerd' guys?

IMO the Avengers movies are some of the worst of the lot, only equaled in badness by Iron Man 3. They are full of groan inducing quips, too many Whedonisms, and a generic video game style plot structure; destroy countless generic minions to reach the boss battle. And they have Hawkeye. That says it all

Captain America: Civil War - 8/10 not the perfect Avengers movie, but highly entertaining and well made. The Russos' trademark kinetic action scenes were inventive, the dialogue was a little dry but served the complicated plot well. There were a lot of characters, and a LOT of storylines. Spider-Man seemed mostly superfluous and talked like a Ninja Turtle, cowabunga dude! I'm thinking they added him to the script after it already started shooting. Black Panther was well portrayed, and basically became the underdog hero, Ant-Man was funny as usual.
The continuous flip flopping of sides got a little tedious after a while, Vision/Scarlet Witch relationship teasing their future was cool. Finale was a little too open ended, basically Thor 3 will have to set up Infinity War.

After credits coda was anti-climactic and lame

much better than Batman v Superman

Do you know how much of the comic plot it covers? Is the heroes v heroes thing supposed to carry on into the upcoming movies as well (spoiler I guess)?

Captain America: Civil War - 8/10 not the perfect Avengers movie, but highly entertaining and well made. The Russos' trademark kinetic action scenes were inventive, the dialogue was a little dry but served the complicated plot well. There were a lot of characters, and a LOT of storylines. Spider-Man seemed mostly superfluous and talked like a Ninja Turtle, cowabunga dude! I'm thinking they added him to the script after it already started shooting. Black Panther was well portrayed, and basically became the underdog hero, Ant-Man was funny as usual.
The continuous flip flopping of sides got a little tedious after a while, Vision/Scarlet Witch relationship teasing their future was cool. Finale was a little too open ended, basically Thor 3 will have to set up Infinity War.

After credits coda was anti-climactic and lame

much better than Batman v Superman

Edited by doublename

I haven't read the original Civil War in its entirety, but they did one shot that recreated a cover exactly. This seems to be based more on the fallout from the MCU films, with several spinoffs being set up in the 3rd act.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched Wolverine's Origin film last night, i liked it but can't get my head around Deadpool's appearance. He basically get's changed into a completely different creature. In Deadpool it's like he just he's in the pub and that's the start. Did the timeline get changed in XMen:DOFP? Even if it did, the years don't work out.

Sorry, i'm all geeked out

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...