IGNORED

Stott n Stout

Fred McGriff

In this thread we drink stout and listen to Andy Stott. Just now it has been a total revelation that beer and music can be paired rather well together. Right now I'm drinking an Eclipse barrel aged (beige wax) 2012 stout and listening to "cherry eye." It's sublime

54192.jpg

no need to post in this thread. but if you are drinking stout and listening to Stott please be sure and have this thread open.

Guest Ron Manager

best fuckin' thread ever. i can only do the Stott part at the moment owing to living in stoutless Germany, but this is the combo i'm envisaging.

yeti.png

best fuckin' thread ever. i can only do the Stott part at the moment owing to living in stoutless Germany, but this is the combo i'm envisaging.

yeti.png

ohhhh man... nice. that beer is brewed within a few miles from here, a staple in the mcgriff household. the espresso yeti is on tap down the street, my new brunch beverage. sunday mornings are perfect for stout and stott.

I have no stout or Stott available, so I will sip my morning coffee and listen to this Haxan Cloak album instead, which I hope keeps in the spirit of the thread.

this combo sounds absolutely perfect. actually this is what my morning looked like yesterday.

fucking great thread idea...

I might have to crack open my last bottle of Darkness tomorrow...

Surly%20Darkness%202012%20Label-thumb-55

while listening to:

some damn fine stouts in this thread...

Guest Ron Manager

ohhhh man... nice. that beer is brewed within a few miles from here, a staple in the mcgriff household. the espresso yeti is on tap down the street, my new brunch beverage. sunday mornings are perfect for stout and stott.

Colorado microbrews are the best. i don't know if i'd have heard of Great Divide if not for living in CO too. haven't seen any of their beers in the UK.

Hells yeah, this +

press_image_large_7.jpg

I also love the way he works it into the boiler room set too, especially when that 200-ton fucking monster beat busts through about halfway in. Peep his body language around 30:55 - 31:00, it's like he has to step back from the console cuz its so shit hot. Too bad there isn't a version of this without the wang-deactivating dropouts before/after, definitely one of my favorite live sets in recent memory.

I'll say two things to piss people off:

1. Stott reminds me of Actress.

2. I don't understand how music and beer 'go' together -- can someone explain it to me? I'm totally open anus to being convinced by a big black monster cock stout!

I'll say two things to piss people off:

1. Stott reminds me of Actress.

2. I don't understand how music and beer 'go' together -- can someone explain it to me? I'm totally open anus to being convinced by a big black monster cock stout!

1. this is funny cos i've never been remotely touched by actress (and i've tried) but love almost everything andy stott.

2. you know how people say "great music to wake up/run/fuck/relax/drive/holiday/work to"?

great music is great music any time or place (and so is great stout) but why not combine 2 pleasures? it's like fucking and eating chocolate.

3. canadian?

Guest Ron Manager

nice, that Valencia video song is Credit, a Stott classic. The two tracks of that 12" (Ceramics / Credit) are two of my favourite of his earlier stuff.

Archived