• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

lel, fanboi.

Blerp sent me two sets of each album when I only ordered one set

toplel

What are the three at the bottom?

eps came and are nice yay

Just the cardboard mailer inserts with the hexagon stamps.

Got a replacement copy of Geogaddi. EXACTLY THE SAME DAMN PROBLEM ON CORSAIR. For fucks sake.

However my replace of MHTRTC sounds nice :)

Ha and of course my Twoism is noisy as fuck...maybe it was planned to be this way?

And it sounds so ridiculously good on vinyl, like the most bumpin thing in 95

What was wrong with your MHTRTC that needed replacing? Mine plays perfectly

Pressed off centre and there was a dull 'thud' every revolution on some of the tracks. Small but somewhat annoying!

Perhaps it's just not an easy track to press to vinyl.. weird frequencies.

I have an original pressing, and mine sounds just fine.

With that said, isn't the original pressing on 180g vinyl as opposed to 140g for these reissues? You can cut deeper grooves on heavier vinyl - it seems strange that the lighter pressing of Geogaddi has this problem in 'Corsair' and your original issue doesn't.

What was wrong with your MHTRTC that needed replacing? Mine plays perfectly

Pressed off centre and there was a dull 'thud' every revolution on some of the tracks. Small but somewhat annoying!

Perhaps it's just not an easy track to press to vinyl.. weird frequencies.

I have an original pressing, and mine sounds just fine.

With that said, isn't the original pressing on 180g vinyl as opposed to 140g for these reissues? You can cut deeper grooves on heavier vinyl - it seems strange that the lighter pressing of Geogaddi has this problem in 'Corsair' and your original issue doesn't.

yes the original pressing is 180g vinyl, and yes you can cut deeper grooves on heavyweight vinyl, but neither of these attributes would have any effect on the distortion that is present in Corsair on the reissue.

Picked up the EP's this morning. Twoism and IABPOITC are great and sound lush.. but Trans Canada Highway has a similar static problem to The Campfire Headphase. Seriously unimpressed with shitty pressings from 'The Vinyl Factory'.

Picked up the EP's this morning. Twoism and IABPOITC are great and sound lush.. but Trans Canada Highway has a similar static problem to The Campfire Headphase. Seriously unimpressed with shitty pressings from 'The Vinyl Factory'.

Looks like my decision to cancel my EP orders was a good choice.

Looks like my decision to cancel my EP orders was a good choice.

It certainly seems like it! I wonder what's wrong with their presses at The Vinyl Factory for this to happen on two different releases..

Guest lumakey

Yeah, beyond suspicious now.

Both Twoism and TCH are fucked here. Same scratches as Campfire, same shitty labeling and pressing. The stickers for twoism were applied after it was sleeved, so they joined to both the sleeve and outer cover and ripped in shipping. There are even little w-shaped deeper scratches where someone was clearly testing how easily this poor pressing could be scratched. look like they were caused by a ring, etc..

This is just too much. Someone close to home really doesn't like BoC or their fans. Hope not too many others have this, but im giving up on these guys. Just proving the damage was difficult last time so I'm dropping it. I don't even care for a re-re-issued product at this point. It feels like a joke, with so much emphasis on stickers and extras. Plenty of people need jobs who would do this one better but they prob just outsourced for some obviously cheap labor. Definitely keeping an eye on the vinyl factory from now on.

Sadly, I set up to listen to "Twoism" this morning at 6:30am, and ten seconds into the title track, it skips. I have a question for those of you with defective copies of Campfire: did you have to mail back the damaged copies, or did they just send you the replacement? I contacted Bleep, but since it's the weekend, I haven't heard back.

Sadly, I set up to listen to "Twoism" this morning at 6:30am, and ten seconds into the title track, it skips. I have a question for those of you with defective copies of Campfire: did you have to mail back the damaged copies, or did they just send you the replacement? I contacted Bleep, but since it's the weekend, I haven't heard back.

I haven't ordered any of these reissues, but in my experience in the past with Bleep where defective records are concerned, they have not wanted me to send the defective copy back to them.

I think under the circumstances, they're clearly getting enough complaints to get the message that there is a problem. at least you would think so...

Woah. I've been very busy the past couple days (had some work this morning, too). So I haven't been able to sit and listen to my EP reissues until just now. Now I just discovered that my "Trans Canada Highway" copy skips, too, right before the climax of "Skyliner". I'm really bummed out about this, since I was really looking forward to these reissues. Just sent pictures of the damaged discs to Bleep.

You don't need to send anything back to Bleep - they'll just mail you out a new copy. Sorry to hear about your copy skipping - is the tracking weight/anti-skate on your turntable set up properly?

wow, after reading about the vinyl issues on the Twoism board, I feel deeply happy about the fact I left the bundles aside til yet.

I talked to friends who ordered them and were not aware of the internet trouble this shoddy repress left on the forum. I feel deeply sorry for them as the replacement seems to sound like shit as the previous one before.

I still hope they do a re-run of the whole affair, and be it to restore their image. Come on, you cannot leave people with such bad pressings and wait it out until they forgot about it.

More gutted about the fact that the first pressings will be unreachable still- but I would try to get a copy of them instead of the cheapskating reissue.

by the way: is there one album/EP that sounds really really fine??? If so, I would take them only.

Archived