IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ron Manager

I get the impression they basically aren't limited at all (i.e. many tens of thousands of copies) - the point is to make them widely available, so I would guess they'll be available for at least a few months, probably longer.

Well, my LPs should arrive today--I'm super excited about it. I'm going to cover my car/guitar/laptop computer in stickers! It's going to be great.

what? how come you're getting yours now? thought they won't be shipped until November.

The albums are being released this month, 21/10 I believe,

The EPs are later on in November, I think.

Oh, they are so beautiful! The print is also particularly nice. I didn't realize it would have this nice glossy-hexagon vs. matte black border thing. The turquoise hexagon is particularly cool.

Holy fuck, this is lovely. I don't usually like to admit to myself that I need or even like material possessions, but in this case my value-materialism has gotten the better of me. The beautiful artwork, the nice heavy records--it all definitely helps my experience of listening to the music (even if the quality is somewhat distorted by the vinyl and the vinyl player; whatever). So nice.

Holy fuck, this is lovely. I don't usually like to admit to myself that I need or even like material possessions, but in this case my value-materialism has gotten the better of me. The beautiful artwork, the nice heavy records--it all definitely helps my experience of listening to the music (even if the quality is somewhat distorted by the vinyl and the vinyl player; whatever). So nice.

they're not heavyweight records though...

Excuse the language but Who's the cunt who's gonna start moaning first?

No doubt somebody will come online to blubber something negative.

*cues my vinyl get smashed by a Royal Mail forklift right at this very moment*

Guest Ron Manager

just arrived for me (i only ordered TCH). think they took on board a lot of packaging complaints as mine had an awful lot of cardboard in it (including one piece with the 'pie hexagon' outline printed on it. presumably it was mentioned somewhere but in addition to the 12x12" print you get a little sticker of the pie hexagon with the cover arts on it.

Guest cult fiction

It feels like a million years ago since I ordered IABPOITC alongside DMX Krew - Cities in Flight. Glad to hear those will be dispatched soon!

Guest jasondonervan

Ayo, Blerp... I like you and all, but... y u send me two copies of each album for the price of one?

tumblr_mutlua1acf1spvmh6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mutluohJYJ1spvmh6o1_500.jpg

Feel free to send me two copies of each EP too!

GFBNPNL.jpg

LP bundle arrived today. All complete and in good order.

When's the EP bundle due?

EP Bundle will be due in November.

That is, providing that Blerp don't mistakenly send someone else your copies so that they end up with duplicates, and you end up with nothing.

Guest lumakey

My copy of Campfire has a light smear/scratch across one track and a pretty badly bubbled label. Not sure if it's worth asking for a replacement yet. Several bits of extra vinyl flash to be stripped away from the outer and inner edge too.

MHTRTC almost looks like a test press b/c some numbers around the inside edge look etched by hand, rather than printed as on the other records. Eagle in Your Mind has an awesome spiral pattern running through the structure of the grooves. Hard to describe but way more visible on that track than others. Check it out..

Still a little baffled by the download codes.. they don't seem to take me to anything I can't see when I log in. Seems like you can download all the records you bought with or without them, or with only one code. I don't understand what's unique about them, same as with TH this summer. Still pretty happy.

Still a little baffled by the download codes.. they don't seem to take me to anything I can't see when I log in. Seems like you can download all the records you bought with or without them, or with only one code. I don't understand what's unique about them, same as with TH this summer. Still pretty happy.

if you bought via Blerp, you automatically get the downloads in your account, you don't need to use the download code provided inside the physical product. You could give the code to a friend who might appreciate the music? That's what I tend to do with download codes I get with vinyl.

Archived