IGNORED

Boards of Canada Vinyl Reissues Available For Preorder

YangYing

Well the geogaddi repress is certainly pretty tasty - the included goodies are actually pretty nice, I'm tempted to put the hexagon print on a wall somewhere. Also, could be withful thinking, but has it had a remaster? Sounds a bit punchier than I remember. Either way, listening to it loud on a good turntable makes you realise what an flawlessly produced album it is. Sunshine Recorder in particular is amazing, everything in it is weighted perfectly, you can tell they were just obsessing over every last little bit of it.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the geogaddi repress is certainly pretty tasty - the included goodies are actually pretty nice, I'm tempted to put the hexagon print on a wall somewhere. Also, could be withful thinking, but has it had a remaster? Sounds a bit punchier than I remember. Either way, listening to it loud on a good turntable makes you realise what an flawlessly produced album it is. Sunshine Recorder in particular is amazing, everything in it is weighted perfectly, you can tell they were just obsessing over every last little bit of it.

Yeah it's been recut by Noel Summerville from the original DAT master, at least according to the boards of canada site.

Guest Ron Manager

My copy of Campfire has a light smear/scratch across one track and a pretty badly bubbled label. Not sure if it's worth asking for a replacement yet. Several bits of extra vinyl flash to be stripped away from the outer and inner edge too.

is it on Sherbet Head? i have a small scratch there on mine, and the label on that side isn't bubbled, but looks almost slightly water-damaged along some of the corners. won't be able to check for playback until monday though.

Well the geogaddi repress is certainly pretty tasty

just received it here. is this the mexican import?

looks cheap to me. well it was cheap to buy. not a patch on the original. not getting to the weight but the colours are much darker and contrasty. back of it looks like a scan ala apex twins repress. might leave it out in the sun next year and bleach it for the original effect. the others look fine.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Love the print, especially on mhtrc !!! but some corners are bent, and have a little scratch on ataronchronon and side 4, will test tonight !

Yeah gave my copy of TCH a listen through last night to some good ganj....new appreciation for that album! Although I have to give it a relisten as I think side 4 has a fucked up artifact or scratch

Guest lumakey

The scratch is on the fourth side of TCH for me too, from just before Tears crossing through to the beginning of Farewell Fire. Ouch..

The bubbling label that does look like water damage is on the other record. Not crazy about the quality control, but things happen. They'll probably make it right. There's also a tiny little puncture on the back cover of Geogaddi, but it was under the plastic wrap. Weird.

But I have heard others have seen the "spirograph" pattern in Eagle in Your Mind as well.

Guest bitroast

i'm curious to hear some of the Geogaddi pressing?

i've got the original LP pressing, and i have lost my shit over the mastering/mixing of that album. it sort of blows the CD out of the water, how clear and dynamic the mix is.

i'll happily upload a recording of Julie and Candy or something, if somebody would like to record and upload the same song on the repressing for comparison??

Guest bitroast

the terminology on bleep makes me think it's the same mix/same master?

"Geogaddi (WARPLP101R)

3 × LP Gatefold Vinyl – 140g pressing recut by Noel Summerville from original DAT master.

Includes etching on side F.

Includes sticker sheet with hexagon die cut stickers."

Guest elliotjking

My copy of Campfire has a light smear/scratch across one track and a pretty badly bubbled label. Not sure if it's worth asking for a replacement yet. Several bits of extra vinyl flash to be stripped away from the outer and inner edge too.

is it on Sherbet Head? i have a small scratch there on mine, and the label on that side isn't bubbled, but looks almost slightly water-damaged along some of the corners. won't be able to check for playback until monday though.

My TCH has damage to side four as well, what looks like a chip out of the surface of farewell fire. Makes it click when played, think I'll give blerp an email to see if they can swap it out

Guest Ron Manager

Nice touch on the inside card packaging... I didn't spot it until I saw it mentioned on twoism:

... think they took on board a lot of packaging complaints as mine had an awful lot of cardboard in it (including one piece with the 'pie hexagon' outline printed on it...

Guest englishbob

If its any use, my copy of TCH sounds like shit.

It would also be up there with Geogaddi had it not suffered from the worst static and a far few load of "pops" on any pressing of any album I care to mention. I'm not being fussy here, its bloody terrible, on both discs!

A quick google around, and someone on the Steve Hoffman forum managed to find the pressing plant info for these reissues...

WARPLP55R - MPO (France) [Music Has The Right To Children]
WARPLP123R, WARPLP70R, WAP200R - Vinyl Factory (UK) [The Campfire Headphase/Twoism/Trans Canada Highway]
WARPLP101R, WAP144R - Optimal (Germany) [Geogaddi/In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country]

...so I am not holding my breath for Twoism and Trans Canada Highway!

Excuse the language but Who's the cunt who's gonna start moaning first?

No doubt somebody will come online to blubber something negative.

*cues my vinyl get smashed by a Royal Mail forklift right at this very moment*

That'll be me. I have to wonder how you guys in the UK are already getting yours and mine haven't even been "despatched" yet. How are these geniuses claiming to "aim to ship pre-orders to arrive with you on release date" and then shipping to the customers with 2-7 days expected delivery time before those with 7-28 days delivery time? It's not as if my pre-order was late either, I paid on August 15.

I hope I don't get the oscillik TH experience, would be funny though if say, jasondonervan or NorthernFusion got my records.

Turns out they sent them anyway without changing the status to 'Despatched'. I received my records yesterday even before Bleep got back to me to say they were indeed shipped last week.

So I actually received mine on the release date! They're getting better, packaging has improved too, everything's mint.

Archived