IGNORED

Being sober, snapping out of your trend trance and realizing how shitty IDM actually is

CharlesWatkins

Guest Rulohead32

Believe it or not, I visit this forum to find out about and chat about new and old music that I enjoy. Sometimes I visit threads on other topics. I generally ignore threads like this, but there seems to be a trend going on here lately. I don't care whether CharlieWatkins is joking or not. Either way, this thread is quite negative. How about considering starting a constructive thread, the next time you're in the mood for starting a discussion of a new topic? The world is fucking depressing enough as it is; we don't need this shit.

well I share your opinion, but I kinda feel I have to adapt to every place I am in, so when I come here and read your inside jokes and see you're always joking and being ironic, I adapt to that state of mind. I don't feel this topic has to be negative if you know the ironicity that it has; anyway, you can find lots of interesting topics about albums and new artists to talk about... constructively.

Believe it or not, I visit this forum to find out about and chat about new and old music that I enjoy. Sometimes I visit threads on other topics. I generally ignore threads like this, but there seems to be a trend going on here lately. I don't care whether CharlieWatkins is joking or not. Either way, this thread is quite negative. How about considering starting a constructive thread, the next time you're in the mood for starting a discussion of a new topic? The world is fucking depressing enough as it is; we don't need this shit.

Best 400th post.

*prints thread*

Guest Rulohead32

Being sober, snapping out of your trend trance and realizing how shitty chairs actually are

Aphex didn't think the same in 1995

Being sober, snapping out of your dupe trance and realizing how shitty WATMM actually is

Day 247821943716491 without L-Event: situation here is unsustainable. We need more s̶u̶p̶p̶l̶i̶e̶s̶ Warp releases to keep us alive. Over and out.

Edited by Rulohead32

fuck you the world is constructive enough, no one cares about constructive threads because they are fucking boring

I mean, fuck, some of the most out there music has been made by teetotalers, Frank Zappa being a great example. Likewise the absolutely most dull trap and mainstream hip-hop is produced by dudes who smoke weed 24/7

During the tour, Frank and his band indeed did not dabble in drugs or alcohol. When the tour was over, however.. well his teetotalism (had to google that) vanished faster than cocaine in Cartahena.

In fact, I remember Aphex Twin saying something similar: no drugs during the creation process.

Vangelis abstains as well.

Jimi Hendrix however.. I guess it's just different strokes for different people.

I like him better when he's showing off whatever dumb sneakers he just bought or had given to him.

I have noticed that sober or stoned I don't like some music I used to enjoy while sober and stoned...

what a world

...I might go start my own thread.

Edited by Audioblysk

I hardly smoke or drink enough to get drunk anymore, and I still enjoy the IDMs as much as I used to... I also enjoy a lot of "less intellectual" house, techno, UK garage, witch-house, all that vaguely defined bass music that isn't brostep as well, and a bunch of shit that isn't even electronic (metal, hip-hop and such), and so on and so on...

in conclusion: music is subjective, so explore it and listen to what you like... and this is a really shit thread :trashbear:

ive been high as a kite on freebased meth crystals for 2 weeks
today i finally snapped out of it and realized that this thread

IS AMAZING

charles watkins is better than bulletball

[youtubehd]PFp7DdIxYUw[/youtubehd]

i havent read this whole thread, i eventually will but sorry if someone already mentioned this, this popped into my head today, the way i see it, artists who are signed to labels are paid/given money to create more music, at that point it becomes more a responsibility, not just to the company to who you are contractually obligated to, but to fans of the genre to whcih you supposedly make music good enough to be sold and purchased.

it is therefore my firm belief that obtaining a contract with a label obligates you to stick to the core ideals of the genre for which you are signed for. thats why it somewhat frustrates me, to hear music that supposedly is IDM these days, that sounds not any better than shit that was being made 10-15 years ago. if you told me 15 years ago that "cutting edge music" (which is arguably what IDM is all about) would sound like today's IDM, with a few exceptions, i would be heavily disappointed. and quite honestly, i am very disappointed by what i hear people producing these days, that are being paid to do it, and taking ppl's money for it. i feel like society as a whole is being deprived and ripped off by fake, half assed culture and music.