IGNORED

Being sober, snapping out of your trend trance and realizing how shitty IDM actually is

CharlesWatkins

charles is alright, it would be pretty boring without people like him on the board and he's obvious an aphex twin fan, one of us!

And IDM is the most retarded term i ever heard, why does everyone use that here

I mean, fuck, some of the most out there music has been made by teetotalers, Frank Zappa being a great example. Likewise the absolutely most dull trap and mainstream hip-hop is produced by dudes who smoke weed 24/7

During the tour, Frank and his band indeed did not dabble in drugs or alcohol. When the tour was over, however.. well his teetotalism (had to google that) vanished faster than cocaine in Cartahena.

In fact, I remember Aphex Twin saying something similar: no drugs during the creation process.

Vangelis abstains as well.

Jimi Hendrix however.. I guess it's just different strokes for different people.

Yeah that makes sense - I just remember him saying he only tried pot a handful of times and abstained from hard drugs. I think Hendrix was naturally talented regardless of his drug use.

Guest murphythecat8

You cant have a converstaion about that here because most people in here dont smoke weed regurlarly, I think, or have never smoked weed for a long period of time every day.

My best friend is exactly like you, he loves everything damn boring shit outthere while stone, and then when he stays sober for a week, realize how boring it is. I say, more power to you if weed makes you love so much music.

Me, im not like that, its quite the contrary for me. When I smoke, I get so obssesive about lstening to the most amazing music, that I can only listen to my favorite artist while high. Everything I listen while stoned it has to be excellent. I know right away if what Iv liked the past week was any good.

the thing is if you smoke for a month everyday, now you have lost totally control of even yourself and your real taste, so thats when you have to stop.

Weed and psychedelic really helps me actually to discriminate between the ordinary and the excellent music, but if you smoke too much, it created more confusion.

Its true that weed makes everything sounds good and so damn genius.With time, youll learn without weed to know right away if something is worth it or not.

However, I think that your "realisation" is totally healthy, and yeah I do think most IDM and EDM is boring, but there is some really good stuff, even sober....

Guest murphythecat8

Sometime its the contrary, like weed really allows you to see how amazing a guy is. Your sober self also need to like it. if its your only high self that like a artist, and sober you find him boring, well your unto something.

But for me, weed really helps me sometime to realize how amazing someone is. Sometimes, somehow, you decide you dont like a artist, so no matter what, you wil judge everything you hear from him, and weed can help to remove your prejudice and just listen with a open heart.

Then you sober up and you realize how close minded you really are :P.

BTW, I'm three week sober!!!

But yeah, I think with weed or any drug really, modderation is the key. I used to smoke weed everyday for around 4 years, I was completely fucked up, not just with my taste in music. When taken moderatly, you can know, from the first minute, if you will like a artist or not. It cuts thruw the bullshit and you can actually see if the artist has anything to offer, and yes OP, often they dont!

For example, I HAD to listen to Pieces of a man while high to understand Gil, I had so much prejudice toward a guy who sings. Same with jazz, but once you listen to kind of lbue with the right state of min hooked for life.

Classical music doesstn do it for me in general though, I guess my real love id electronica and jazz. I'm dissapointed overall by claisscal music.

Edited by murphythecat8

this is the weakest piece of shit troll thread ever. you guys don't know nothing about trolling. y'all are actually apologizing for posting kooky wacko stuff. everyone needs to read the rules 20 times. SMH

I just biked in to say everyone needs to get jazzb8, jot it down, smoke a pipe in a space helmet, drink some fucking ice water with ice, hand out in secrete, do a backflip on a spike, carry a ghost up a mountain, grow a baobab out of their head, masturbate their penis, get fucked by essines' beard, eat a batcock, come stupid hard, bust through drywall, have a 14" sweatpants boner, burlap, be quite vomiting at some tracks, nigh-yeet, dog that, figure out what kind of cat is that?, tetris on cellphone at dinner table, discover whether that facility near montauk has something to do with it, explode an atomic bomb in the sea even though it might cause a chain reaction and destroy the world but do it anyway, and all you cunts better do it for the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act.

everyone is banned.

*smokes cigarette*

edit: last post

Edited by Salvatorin

this is the weakest piece of shit troll thread ever. you guys don't know nothing about trolling. y'all are actually apologizing for posting kooky wacko stuff. everyone needs to read the rules 20 times. SMH

I just biked in to say everyone needs to get jazzb8, jot it down, smoke a pipe in a space helmet, drink some fucking ice water with ice, hand out in secrete, do a backflip on a spike, carry a ghost up a mountain, grow a baobab out of their head, masturbate their penis, get fucked by essines' beard, eat a batcock, come stupid hard, bust through drywall, have a 14" sweatpants boner, burlap, be quite vomiting at some tracks, nigh-yeet, dog that, figure out what kind of cat is that?, tetris on cellphone at dinner table, discover whether that facility near montauk has something to do with it, explode an atomic bomb in the sea even though it might cause a chain reaction and destroy the world but do it anyway, and all you cunts better do it for the rush, the adaptation, and the general backwardness of the act.

everyone is banned.

*smokes cigarette*

edit: last post

WATMM.

Yeah for a while I just needed a break from the electronic musics. Hip hop, jazz, and good ol' ROCK are always there to help. I don't get this "no music with vocals" thing. Grow up and drink some black coffee, listen to someone sing, and be a real person.

Guest Rulohead32

Hey, do you guys realize, and I'm being completely serious, the lots of similarities that have idm with pop? Both are energic, and have colorful melodies and chordlines, pop perhaps it's simplier but nevermind. Both have strong beats unless they're ambient, etc.

Moreover, I can dare to say that Aphex Twin is the Lady Gaga of idm: he's always breaking the boundaries of idm, like Gaga with pop, but he is the most "accessible" to the mainstream audience, out of all those idm artists. He also doesn't stick to a single style, and he even tries with mixing idm with other genres as hip-hop (Windowlicker), classical (Icct Hedral), or even child/popular songs (Milkman). Gaga doesn't do that exactly, but one thing is true: she definitely does not make the standard kind of pop.

Hey, do you guys realize, and I'm being completely serious, the lots of similarities that have idm with pop? Both are energic, and have colorful melodies and chordlines, pop perhaps it's simplier but nevermind. Both have strong beats unless they're ambient, etc.

Moreover, I can dare to say that Aphex Twin is the Lady Gaga of idm: he's always breaking the boundaries of idm, like Gaga with pop, but he is the most "accessible" to the mainstream audience, out of all those idm artists. He also doesn't stick to a single style, and he even tries with mixing idm with other genres as hip-hop (Windowlicker), classical (Icct Hedral), or even child/popular songs (Milkman). Gaga doesn't do that exactly, but one thing is true: she definitely does not make the standard kind of pop.

I heard that she is an extreamly good economic and an entertainment mastermind.

So, no.

Guest Rulohead32

I heard that she is an extreamly good economic and an entertainment mastermind.

So, no.

I was still only talking about music.

Of course, outside the musicality terms, they're actually the opposite!

Except in one thing: they both like to make-up their face, put strange costumes and do weird videos.

Edited by Rulohead32

I'm sober all the time.

I tend to agree a bit with CW (although he is clearly flame-baiting).

Aside from Aphex and Ceephax, I find it pretty hard to sustainably enjoy the majority of idm. At one time (the 90s), I was into it all.

Fuck it.

Just listen to jungle...

http://youtu.be/iUg1HTh_DOw

Edit

http://youtu.be/wSsVAzNXqRo

Edited by J3FF3R00

And IDM is the most retarded term i ever heard, why does everyone use that here

Like "science fiction" it is a terrible name but also the most appropriate name.

Each idiot that puts a mellow synth on a click clack percussion is labeled as intelligent dance music lol and who the hell dances to saw 2, exai or tomorrow's harvest?? i'm sorry my lips can't speak that word

funny thread lol

some people need some attention now and again I guess, 'cause the only reason I would write such trolling horseshit is if I was blasted off my nuts and navigating the stratosphere, but apparantly Charles is sober?.....That's slightly worrying.....I guess it's better than submachining your classroom.

I'm sober all the time.

I tend to agree a bit with CW (although he is clearly flame-baiting).

Aside from Aphex and Ceephax, I find it pretty hard to sustainably enjoy the majority of idm. At one time (the 90s), I was into it all.

Fuck it.

Just listen to jungle...

http://youtu.be/iUg1HTh_DOw

Edit

http://youtu.be/wSsVAzNXqRo

Everybody just needs more jungle in their life.