IGNORED

Competitive Eating

Redruth

I hope you guys are taking the piss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup_(unit)

Boss.

My coffee maker makes 16 "cups". It's not 4 liters of coffee.

That's exactly what I'm saying if you read my post. They always say "cup" of coffee. Just like in the vid it says he drinks 42 "cups" of coffee but he doesn't drink 10.5 liters (IE 42 cups * 250ml).

Also if you go buy a "cup" of espresso from starbucks it's not 250ml. It's not even in a cup either, so there's that.

I'm sorry. I was going to continue trolling, but I just couldn't. I agree that the term "cup" has become a confusing one.

lol. It is confusing.

I just measured to the 12 "cup" line on my coffee maker and it was only 7.5 cups (1875ml).

Wtf. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

I don't understand "cup" of coffee. Where I'm from, a cup is 250ml. Those "cups" aren't even close to 250ml. Also my coffee maker shows "16 cups" on it but it's certainly not 4 liters...

Any insight?

Also, if those were fully caffeinated he would probably actually die. I think the lethal dose is somewhere between 2-3grams depending on the person. Each 250ml (again, not sure what a "cup" is) should contain around 160mg caffeine. So.. he would die if it was fully caffeinated.

edit: a quick google search says 1g caffeine is toxic and potentially lethal...

i think it depends on how the coffee is made. ive experienced very caffeinated coffee with french press style. one cup sends me flying. but i can drink quasi espresso style coffee all day. i think it matters how long the grounds are exposed to the water

So "cup" isn't used in the sense that it is a measurement of volume so much as perhaps the caffeine content?

Dude, a cup is a cup. They come in all different shapes and sizes. You see him pick up cups and drink from them. It's irrelevant in this case anyway as he doesn't even drink all the liquid in them - he doesn't tip them far enough back. The cup counter is not a scientific measurement in this case, the vid is a pisstake. Jesus!

Read my question before writing a response like that.

How can my fucking coffee maker have "16 cups" on the side, as a scientific measurement, when cups are of all different shapes and sizes? How can they put a SCIENTIFIC MEASUREMENT, IE, an ABSOLUTE VOLUME, if cups are all different shapes and sizes, while simultaneously sidestepping the commonly accepted measurement of a cup which is 250ml. On my coffee maker. Do you understand?

I understand that you apparently can't seem to accept that a video made with humorous intentions and posted on the internet doesn't strictly adhere to the rules of measurement laid out by your own personal coffee maker.

I don't understand "cup" of coffee. Where I'm from, a cup is 250ml. Those "cups" aren't even close to 250ml. Also my coffee maker shows "16 cups" on it but it's certainly not 4 liters...

Any insight?

Also, if those were fully caffeinated he would probably actually die. I think the lethal dose is somewhere between 2-3grams depending on the person. Each 250ml (again, not sure what a "cup" is) should contain around 160mg caffeine. So.. he would die if it was fully caffeinated.

i think it depends on how the coffee is made. ive experienced very caffeinated coffee with french press style. one cup sends me flying. but i can drink quasi espresso style coffee all day. i think it matters how long the grounds are exposed to the water

So "cup" isn't used in the sense that it is a measurement of volume so much as perhaps the caffeine content?

Dude, a cup is a cup. They come in all different shapes and sizes. You see him pick up cups and drink from them. It's irrelevant in this case anyway as he doesn't even drink all the liquid in them - he doesn't tip them far enough back. The cup counter is not a scientific measurement in this case, the vid is a pisstake. Jesus!

How can my fucking coffee maker have "16 cups" on the side, as a scientific measurement, when cups are of all different shapes and sizes? How can they put a SCIENTIFIC MEASUREMENT, IE, an ABSOLUTE VOLUME, if cups are all different shapes and sizes, while simultaneously sidestepping the commonly accepted measurement of a cup which is 250ml. On my coffee maker. Do you understand?

I understand that you apparently can't seem to accept that a video made with humorous intentions and posted on the internet doesn't strictly adhere to the rules of measurement laid out by your own personal coffee maker.

I understand that you can't see the very LARGE letters that say COFFEE MAKER.

I stopped talking about the video a long time ago you fucking dunce.

Are you Charles Watkins or something?

I'm sorry. I was going to continue trolling, but I just couldn't. I agree that the term "cup" has become a confusing one.

why not just say "metric cups"? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

why not just say "metric cups"? Wouldn't that solve the problem?

Smetty to the rescue. Yeah it definitely would solve the problem.

:emotawesomepm9:

Anyways back to the topic which is competitive eating...

Theres an international federation of competitive eating?? So is there like....a circuit like nascar or what?

http://www.ifoce.com/

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Any insight?

I understand that you can't see the very LARGE letters that say COFFEE MAKER.

I stopped talking about the video a long time ago you fucking dunce.

Are you Charles Watkins or something?

Yeah, the first part of your emboldened text quite clearly says you don't understand why "those "cups" aren't even close to 250ml". Which cups were you talking about if not the ones in the vid? Not all cups are the same size and the way they measure how much he's consumed in the vid isn't even remotely scientific. Why are you getting agitated about it? Does it even matter? lol @ swearing at me bout this, fucking seriously

cups. how do they work?

That depends, see. Some cups are metric, some are random. Some are DD cups, some are A, some are inverted (those are called "innies").

All of these cups work differently. Sometimes there is a ball in the cup. Sometimes your hand can be cupped. Sometimes you cup someone and get arrested for groping. Sometimes the doctor cups your balls and asks you to cough really hard (I think he's just "cupping" a feel hardy har har)

CUP

CUP

CUP

CUP

2 girls.

plate.

Archived