the ultimate showdown  

56 members have voted

1. 1. mcdonalds vs burger king

• mcdonalds
    • bk (THERE IS NO THIRD CHOISE!!!!!)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to LA at Christmas. I've heard good things about In-N-Out Burger so I really want to find one. Anyone had one?

i've heard so much good stuff about em. make sure and ask for animal style.

this might be my favourite blog. http://aht.seriousea...ecret-menu.html

Sad to say, but In-N-Out is pretty ridiculously over hyped. It's definitely a step above McD/BK in actual quality, but it still tastes like a fast food burger, nice and grey and well-done.

Fuck fast food well-done grey meat.

If you come to LA, save up an extra 5 bucks and go to Umami Burger or the Counter:

http://www.thecounte...er.com/culture/

counter-burger-2.jpg

Guys, I'm serious. Well-done beef is an affront to the Lord. Which is ironic, because In-N-Out plasters Bible citations all over their packaging.

my mouth is fucking watering at that burger. indeed - best thing is it's not charred to a crisp. so few burger joints get that, i suppose because of potential food poisoning lawsuits. i do a mean homemade burger where it's 1/3 black pudding: http://en.wikipedia....ckpuddinburgers

sounds awesome! :sup:

best done on a barbecue. i like to use a food processor - generally not recommended with burgers, but with the black pudding it means a crisp outer shell and a velvety, almost paté-like consistency in the interior. it's fucking goooooooooooooood.

I totally agree with the well done meat sentiment. An affront to the Lord. My mother doesn't know this so I refuse to let her cook me a burger or steak. My exgirlfriend ordered a steak from a restaurant and she asked for it well done. I nearly stabbed her in the throat.

Most of the problems in my life are due to over cooked meat. It's why I have diabetes.

Yo baph - ground beef should always be well done - the risk of E.Coli or other food poisoning is way greater because there's so much more surface area exposed to the open. Obviously it can still be juicy. On the other hand, I've eaten raw chicken in Japan so, fuck it.

Steaks though - anything above medium rare is an affront to humanity.

Back to the serious bidnizz - fuck McDonalds, and BK. You need some A&W mutherfuckas.

Teen burger, large onion rings and large fucking root beer.

McDonald's pwns in one department though - Sausage Egg McMuffin. they should serve those fucking things all day.

badlandzworship.jpg

That's why you only go to pricier places that ground their own meat and have good reputations.

I wouldn't wander into Podunk, Alabama and ask for a med-rare hamburger at the local Uncle Jed's Biskitz and Bergars.

If you're going to eat well done beef, order some fucking chicken.

All I'm saying is don't eat fast food burgers. Even if they cook out the e coli, it's made out of soot and poo.

/beef snob

double wopper with cheese, anytime. althought McDee's Big tasty is fucking tasty. but, i wouldn't have more than 1 or 2 in a month...

that's why i kick ass, you know.

i forgot

Yo baph - ground beef should always be well done - the risk of E.Coli or other food poisoning is way greater because there's so much more surface area exposed to the open. Obviously it can still be juicy. On the other hand, I've eaten raw chicken in Japan so, fuck it.

Steaks though - anything above medium rare is an affront to humanity.

Back to the serious bidnizz - fuck McDonalds, and BK. You need some A&W mutherfuckas.

Teen burger, large onion rings and large fucking root beer.

McDonald's pwns in one department though - Sausage Egg McMuffin. they should serve those fucking things all day.

post-4-0-59125600-1321400346_thumb.jpg

this reminds me another pro for bk, croisantwhich. its is the beast breakfast sandwhich ever intvented

lol EDIT: chen got it

You have to know your ground beef if you want to do less-than-well. Ground beef in America is a conglomeration of bits n' bobs off cows from Brazil, Canada, US, Mexico, etc. Since some of it comes from near the head and hoof area, there is a high concentration of E. coli and L. monocytogenes. To combat this, the beef is squidged through tubes that have ammonia gas introduced into them. Alternatively, the beef takes a liquid ammonia bath. You cannot know if this happened to your meat or not because the USDA does not make suppliers say so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B1-naHt1aA

The fact that they have to sterilize their meat is probably a sign that the system doesn't work. In the documentary Food Inc, there was a guy that said most of the intestinal problems the cows have would be eliminated if they allowed them to graze for like five hours a day and take them off a corn diet.

There is just something completely irresponsible about the slaughter-house system. These are animals, not automobiles. The factory style system doesn't make sense in this case. And I haven't even mentioned the methane emissions...

Ground beef is ground beef - by which i mean that the exposure is still there. You can actually cook a hamburger thoroughly and still have it be juicy and flavorful. I mean, if you know what you're doing on a BBQ.

And damn you kaini, I'm starving here in broke ass student hell.

you forgot the main component of fastfood burgers - sawdust.

I realise this. I guess it is far more prevalent in a steak. If you get a well done steak, juicy as hell, it doesn't retain the same flavour that a medium rare steak will. It just doesn't taste the same. Perhaps some people don't notice this but for me it's a fact. Over cooking my beef makes it taste shittier. Maybe it's just me being insane or something but you won't convince me otherwise unless you cook me some damn good beef. And I am totally open to that.

And by "well done" i mean, basically, not pink at all. Grey steak. Not burnt or soggy or nothing, just grey all the way through.

Jesus well done steak is an abomination I already said that.

Well done burgers - i dunno even know how t describe the colour of them but they are not grey.

Fair enough. I think i just wanted to promote my love of a good medium rare steak. Best burger I ever had was a bison burger in Victoria and it certainly wasn't any amount of red/pink. cooked to perfection.

i may be in the minority but i only ever order my burgers well done, and i wont be told otherwise. you can have a juicy well done burger. steaks though, always medium. always.

kaini, if that is a chimichurri beef pic, i want to sex it. chimichurri is like crack to me.

fred, where are the momofuku burger praises?

bk/mcdookers here in the us have a shit ton of competition lately with millions of upgraded burger places popping up. not quite a restaurant and not quite fast food, thats the trend in burgers here. and i am reaping the rewards. like a blind man at an orgy, i'm feeling my way around.

steak is gross u have to chew it so much and its always not cooked enough the only good steak is when its thin like a arbys rost beef sandwhich

Archived