IGNORED

Shackleton - Freezing Opening Thawing

kirm

hell yes

interesting sounds - maybe it's my headphones at work, but this is very heavy on higher frequency timbres when it comes to the percussive elements, reminds me of shaagan electro stuff off the top of my head

holy hell thank you shackleton I was hoping for more of your music!

I like these sounds...sounds as if he may be messig with physical modeling synthesis, and there is definitely some sega genesis style FM stuff going on...whoa

and the album art is radical

SEPTIC05.jpg

Guest transmisiones ferox

Great news, gonna looking forward for it, I really dig his material, especially after he's played live at local festival this summer, that was great show. also love to spin his vinyls, Fireworks on the most playable tunes, but must to dig more from him

has an interesting and colorful sound palette based on these samples, and maybe the tracks evolve a lot but I'm finding the beats have the same 'no resolution' issue that his last album had, where you keep waiting for them to kick into some sort of groove but they never quite do. I feel on the other hand his more recent stuff is great for DJ sets and mashing up with other stuff, but post 3 EPs i don't think i would ever listen to it on it's own.

Really? The Drums on Drawbar Organ Eps were awesome, Esp the drums on this they make my cock weep

Guess his more recent stuff has been a bit cock teasing with the drums but I quite like that, think this new release might take a similar approach to drums as the quiet hour where its rhythm driven in a lot of ways by an absences of beats (if that makes any sense what so ever!)

Guest transmisiones ferox

About "no resolution" thing, I remember he's starting his live set, just teasing for several minutes with 'here's the drop thing', but never actually drop it, it's like lifting up his track to some kind of finale but never actually finish it

yeah exactly, and even 3eps had some of that but the atmosphere on it was a lot darker and more like some kind of tribal horror movie vibe. His last 2 use too many uk dance music tropes and is lacking of the same dark atmosphere and on top of it the beats don't really go anywhere. I guess he's just lost me. different strokes.

but oddly when i heard the samples for Organ i thought it sounded amazing, but it wasn't until i got the actual album that i was extremely underwhelmed. Maybe this one will have the opposite effect and the full tracks will really open up into something cool.

I'm abstaining from the samples, as usual. release is in just 4 days. nice to see Zeke is still doing artwork for him after he moved to his own label.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

has anyone else had trouble checking out on surus? I got the same error message on three different browsers. I guess I could just wait until the flacs are available on bleep.

Yeah I got an error msg but emailed them and they sorted it out.

Only had 1 proper listen not sure what to make of this yet! Is interesting but does seem to miss the usual Shackleton Bass,

Archived