IGNORED

camera / cellphone jamming

luke viia

do any watmmers know much about jamming radio signals, wireless signals, wireless video etc?

i'm interested in the idea of being able to remotely interfere with devices, particularly stuff like memoto's "lifelogger" camera but also just jamming devices in general

entertain me and tell me what you know pls

Paranoia, disabling possible spying gear within your house, blocking communications so people don't spend all their time with their head in the cloud.. I think it should be legal to do as long as the blocking doesn't reach beyond your property.

I think in some territories it's illegal to jam cellphones. Might be wrong there, though.

as for jamming cameras, the only way you'll stop a picture from being taken / video being filmed is if you have an EMP nearby. Or you hulk smash the camera, or take away it's power source.

watmm used to be an innocent music discussion forum. Now it's turned into political agenda forum. Politics everyfuckingwhere on the internet. Please stop ruining the internet for everyone. shame on you.

watmm used to be an innocent music discussion forum. Now it's turned into political agenda forum. Politics everyfuckingwhere on the internet. Please stop ruining the internet for everyone. shame on you.

did you realise that this is, in and of itself, a political statement?

fight the power.

I think in some territories it's illegal to jam cellphones. Might be wrong there, though.

I'd say most if not all territories it'd be illegal - what if someone tried to call emergency services but a tin hat wearing twunt downstairs thought he'd l33t h4xx0r the building with his jammer.

i'm just interested in what can be done, crikey. not trying to haxxor people at a distance just to troll them or stop them from calling emergencies, etc. i'm not at all interested in jamming good people's communications, just maybe a 7-10 meter radius around me in my own home at times (to experiment with the devices), i dunno, again, was interested if anybody here had played with the rf jammers available (thanks ego!)

though i mostly wanted to know if it's possible to disable cameras somehow besides just shining a lazer at someone's memoto or hulk smashing it, which i will not be doing, of course -- and if it's not possible now, does anyone have a reason to believe it might be possible in the future?

and i agree with ego that being able to stop communications on your own property should be legal

i'm just interested in what can be done, crikey. not trying to haxxor people at a distance just to troll them or stop them from calling emergencies, etc. i'm not at all interested in jamming good people's communications, just maybe a 7-10 meter radius around me in my own home at times (to experiment with the devices), i dunno, again, was interested if anybody here had played with the rf jammers available (thanks ego!)

though i mostly wanted to know if it's possible to disable cameras somehow besides just shining a lazer at someone's memoto or hulk smashing it, which i will not be doing, of course -- and if it's not possible now, does anyone have a reason to believe it might be possible in the future?

and i agree with ego that being able to stop communications on your own property should be legal

Our future is to have every identity and no identity.

scramble-suit.gif

Archived