IGNORED

Last.FM Passwords Compromised

Joyrex

why last.fm? is this website important in some way that I have missed?

Steal the passwords from sites with low security and chances are they'll be the same passwords used for sites with much higher security ...

Guest couch

lotta people use the same passwords for everything they log into.

Seriously? You're on a music website, and are wondering what the relevance of last.fm is?

I made a last.fm account thinking it was going to be something like spotify but it didn't let me listen to anything. All last.fm does is keep track of what music you listen to right? Music you've previously downloaded that is

Guest ruiagnelo

i find it surprising that facebook still haven't bought lastfm and incorporated it in their cummunity

i find it surprising that facebook still haven't bought lastfm and incorporated it in their cummunity

Perhaps they're afraid if they incorporate a music element they'll be like MySpace :emotawesomepm9:

Guest ruiagnelo

Perhaps they're afraid if they incorporate a music element they'll be like MySpace :emotawesomepm9:

except that myspace has nothing to do with facebook

except that myspace has nothing to do with facebook

...and they want to keep it that way by not implementing last.fm into it. [/explainingthejoke]

spotify is pretty well integrated with facebook. Unfortunately I have developed an irrational distaste for spotify.

Seriously? You're on a music website, and are wondering what the relevance of last.fm is?

i think joseph is probably wondering what someone would want last.fm passwords for. probably spam shit or something.

do people give last.fm their credit card details? i suppose they do if they subscribe or something.

but can you get the credit card details from just logging in?

edit: shit, my attempt at a post with substance went horribly wrong

i think joseph is probably wondering what someone would want last.fm passwords for. probably spam shit or something.

do people give last.fm their credit card details? i suppose they do if they subscribe or something.

but can you get the credit card details from just logging in?

edit: shit, my attempt at a post with substance went horribly wrong

as mcbpete has already mentioned, many people use the same passwords across multiple sites. some retards will use the same password for last.fm that they use for their paypal account, and usually they'll use the same email address that is registered with last.fm, so if you manage to get into someone's last.fm account there is a very high probability that you can get into their paypal account and start making some purchases.

Archived