IGNORED

Distortion pedals

I have a Turbo Rat and I'm contemplating getting one or two more distortion pedals for my setup. What do you guys like to use on drum machines and 303-type stuff? An obviously broad question, but I'd like some insight. I keep looking at some cheap pedals at the pawn shop with interest.

I have a homemade Fuzz Factory clone and, if it's anything like the real thing, it's awesome for making a guitar sound like a synth. Certain settings clip the fuck out of the signal almost to a pure square wave; I tried it on my old Yamaha Portasound keyboard and got some super IDM-ish noises out of it when holding down 2-3 notes at once!

Guest Milkweg

try getting a filter pedal and just running it really hot. I was getting amazing drums running my machinedrum through a friends Koma Filter. i need one now. some pres will distort really nicely as well.

Guest AsylumSeaker

I got one of these oddballs on ebay for ~$65. Guitarists dont like em, so they're cheap, though Im not sure how common they are.

akai-shred-o-matic-d1-499220.jpg

Tube / diode hybrid.. quite a sharp sound. Different ways to blend the different modes. Having the foot rocker is fun too.

I use the dod grunge pedal (fx69b). That thing is pretty fuckin killer. It doesn't do gentle distortion though.

Make sure you get the purple one, they got bought by another company and started making shitty pedals at some point. The new version is grayer.

Archived