IGNORED

Autechre's Top Songs (From Each EP & Single)

Guest enigmazach

Autechre's Top Songs (From Each EP & Single)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Cavity Job (1991) -- Select ONE

2. 2. Basscad,EP (1994) -- Select up to TWO

• Basscadet (Bcdtmx)
    • Basscadet (Beaumonthannanttwomx)
    • Basscadet (Seefeelmx)
    • Basscadet (Tazmx)
    • Basscadet (Basscadubmx)
    • Basscadet (12/4cadetmx) [vinyl pressing]
    • Basscadet (Basscadoublemx) [vinyl pressing]
  3. 3. Anti EP (1994) -- Select ONE

4. 4. Garbage (1995) -- Select up to TWO

5. 5. Anvil Vapre (1995) -- Select up to TWO

6. 6. We R Are Why (1996) -- Select ONE

7. 7. Envane (1997) -- Select up to TWO

8. 8. Cichlisuite (1997) -- Select up to TWO

9. 9. Peel Session (1999) -- Select ONE

10. 10. EP7 (1999) -- Select up to THREE

11. 11. Splitrmx12 (1999) -- Select ONE

• Autechre Play Weissensee Against Im Glück. (Original Composition By Neu!)
    • Autechre Play At Drowning In A Sea Of Indiependance. (Original Composition By Bic?)
  12. 12. Peel Session 2 (2000) -- Select up to TWO

13. 13. Gantz Graf (2002) -- Select ONE

14. 14. Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae (2008) -- Select up to THREE

15. 15. Move of Ten (2010) -- Select up to THREE

16. 16. L-Event (2013) -- Select up to TWO

Guest enigmazach

Vote for songs from each EP and single that you feel are the best of the release. Take note that for most releases, you are allowed TWO track selections. For exceptionally short releases (consisting of two or three tracks), you are allowed only ONE track selection. For longer releases, you are allowed THREE track selections.

And yes, I left out Autechre's co-releases with The Hafler Trio, Tortoise, Seefeel, and others. No Gescom or Lego Feet here, either. You've got enough to work with concerning just the Ae material.

Happy voting.

Surprised Second Bad Vilbel has the fewest votes off Anvil Vapre.

Also figured Cap IV would be similary dominant like Drane and Flutter and it's not even leading.

Guest enigmazach

Surprised Second Bad Vilbel has the fewest votes off Anvil Vapre.

Same here, considering it's one of Ae's most well-known songs. Plenty of users still need to vote though, so we'll see how it ends up.

Guest WNS000

Seems to me that the most explicit and/or emotional and melodic tracks are the favourites on each of the EP.

More subtle and/or enigmatic tracks have least votes.

In other words, even Ae fans has this tendency to vote up "instant hits" (in Ae context) over the more difficult tracks.

Seems to me that the most explicit and/or emotional and melodic tracks are the favourites on each of the EP.

In other words, even Ae fans has this tendency to vote up "instant hits" (in Ae context) over the more difficult tracks.

Examples. They're more universal in structure and thus appeal to anybody, while everyone has its own "enigmatic" choice. You're talking about just a couple of EPs though, mostly in pre-ep7 period, i wouldn't call these losers very subtle. Also on move of ten, well, Dafuseder isn't really all that straight. Look at EP7, Dropp and Pir are two melodic hits, yet they have no leadership.

Guest WNS000

Examples. They're more universal in structure and thus appeal to anybody, while everyone has its own "enigmatic" choice. You're talking about just a couple of EPs though, mostly in pre-ep7 period, i wouldn't call these losers very subtle. Also on move of ten, well, Dafuseder isn't really all that straight. Look at EP7, Dropp and Pir are two melodic hits, yet they have no leadership.

But Dafuseder is exactly what I am talking about. "Hit" ideas, "hit" sounds, "hit" vibe. Nothing bad with it, of course! I just realised I see a "pattern" in the poll and written my findings in the thread. :-)

And Pir (which is a track about I think it is not very well composed, is shallow and has not really much longevity) is the second leading track in the poll about EP7. Again a straight melodic hit.

Again, my completely subjective point of view. I just wanted to share my thoughts.

Archived