IGNORED

Aphex Playing at Glastonbury Festival - The Temple

Uzohvezxfn

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up that treble on the recording...

Any other tips for improving playback?

ha! at 8.30..... track played at the 94 Rephlex gig with Cylob where "mumbly" was played. A "nod" if ever there was one....still expecting "stomper" though...

Think someone's recorded the whole set and upped it to Mixcloud

yess!!! nice to hear the familiar Bangface track/sounds at the start.

From about 1:02 onwards

Dread & The Bald Head - Ganja Plant (Drum & Bass Mix)

Dennis Brown - Jungle Rock (Mix 1)

Dread & The Baldhead - Wicked Piece A Tune

Track before 'Why They Hide They Bodies Under My Garage' at the 8 to 9 minute mark was in the old Rephlex show (the one with Muttley) but a lot faster. Guessing that's unreleased AFX. Always wanted to hear that track proper.

you guys were being a bit harsh/rude to pafr there. He just said that he liked to go to gigs where the people in front of him were doing something a bit more involved than DJ'ing. This is his personal preference, which he justified using personal reasons, not as an attack on the DJing profession per se. Besides, where's the controversy in what he said about DJing? Come on guys, key matching? Is that all you've got? It's not like we're talking some hip hop/scratch DJ skills with 3 vinyls a minute here. This of course doesn't mean that i'm also deriding the profession, it serves a purpose to the party. What i'm deriding are the unwarranted attacks on pafr because you guys got a little precious and forced him to have to justify what he initially said which dug an even bigger hole for him into which you could spit in, it's not the watmm way.

chiz.

Electronic live show is all about listening to the music and light show. There is nothing to watch since it's just a dude on a computer. That's why I'm more likely to see a live show that has people playing real instruments than a rave. DJs who only spin disks are even worse, no skill needed whatsoever.

Electronic live shows are about partying and creating your own entertainment with the help of some great tunes and a good atmosphere. They aren't about standing and analyzing the person playing music unless there is a proper visual performance that coincides with the music. That's the whole point of the DJ. To provide a soundtrack. So, if you don't like dancing, taking drugs, having a good time, or socializing then it's probably not for you. To say that DJ'ing takes no skill whatsoever shows a lot of ignorance on your part.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

23 minutes in is HVAD - Angst

31 minutes in is Gantz - Spry Sinister

Guest pafr

I'm sorry, I forgot that this is a RDJ fan forum. I'm said some very blasphemous things. Please excuse me and carry on.

I'm sorry, I forgot that this is a RDJ fan forum. I'm said some very blasphemous things. Please excuse me and carry on.

let's burn the anal afx sigil on him in the watmm dungeon

nah, i respect your grumpy opinions

Archived