IGNORED

Pesticides sprayed in cabins of some international flights

delet...

heheheh, i'm out. The people that would be shocked by this are, the fence sitters have been informed and for the most part have come to the side of caution and responsibility. As for the others left, most will eventually drift over anyway, once this has had a few months to mature in their minds. And you can have the leftovers, if any remain.

/love dleetra always the eventual winnra.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, the secret truth of commercial flight usage of deadly pesticides (THAT EVERY SINGLE PASSENGER COULD HAVE WITNESSED AND LOOK INTO VIA OFFICIAL WEBSITES) has finally been revealed. thanks delet!

I think you're both missing the point.

They spray and that is fact but probably not using guidelines or really highlighting the fact when purchasing a ticket.

The effects on people is probably unknown but the spraying is probably a waste of time due to a number of reasons...

Don't like spraying? Get on a fucking boat.

Doesn't distract from the fact that governments and massive pharmaceutical companies couldn't give a fuck about anyone cause most of society aren't wise to what's going on. From chemicals in food, water to how they test products and the side effects they have with other products..etc etc

If everyone did a bit of research on what they're consuming, buying and who from the world would be rather different.

Now I'm off to smoke a joint n eat some ice cream bitches :p

I think you're both missing the point.

They spray and that is fact but probably not using guidelines or really highlighting the fact when purchasing a ticket.

The effects on people is probably unknown but the spraying is probably a waste of time due to a number of reasons...

Don't like spraying? Get on a fucking boat.

your reasoning is as bad as delete's.

how did you get to the conclusion that it's not used according to guidelines ?

i'm not sure if they're supposed to highlight the fact that they're doing what they're supposed to to with that spraying, it's their obligation. not doing it should be seen as suspicious and negligent.

Doesn't distract from the fact that governments and massive pharmaceutical companies couldn't give a fuck about anyone cause most of society aren't wise to what's going on. From chemicals in food, water to how they test products and the side effects they have with other products..etc etc

If everyone did a bit of research on what they're consuming, buying and who from the world would be rather different.

well this quickly got into this RT/libertarian/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE_5Y9IKCk0 territory that i'm not going to bother with again.

take off your tin-foil hat bruh

How many people know that it's international law to do this coming from certain countries? How adequate is the training given to air stewards? Are the insecticides correctly regulated and monitored etc...

I could go on...

If you're that naive that you the the worlds shit ain't fucked up and lots people get away with just about everything then fair enough.

Yea stoner libertarian for the win \m/

No tin foil hat here just common fucking sense

How many people know that it's international law to do this coming from certain countries? How adequate is the training given to air stewards? Are the insecticides correctly regulated and monitored etc...

I could go on...

If you're that naive that you the the worlds shit ain't fucked up and lots people get away with just about everything then fair enough.

Yea stoner libertarian for the win \m/

how many people know anything about international law? there's a lot of things done without you being aware of them, but it doesn't mean they're all bad. as for other questions, your underlying assumption is that they're not properly trained and it's not properly regulated, i guess, so is there some reasonable evidence that's its NOT working according to regulations?

what shit is fucked up exactly? i'm kinda getting bored and tired of tackling this juvenile-rebel-enlightened-by-RT-news hollow rhetoric every couple of months in here.

I was doing a parody of an acquiescent cunt, sorry for the sarcasm ( obviously only an asshole would say being concerned over these topics would make you a tin-foil hat donning conspiracist)

Its been in use since the 60's for obvious reasons and they've been trying different methods ever since then with the hope it can be eliminated. Its for good reason that its done, don't want them pesky mosquitoes getting in with their bad bugs in em.

Like anything that becomes a day to day task, things slip and people get lazy...that's just true.

juvenile-rebel-enlightened-by-RT-news hollow rhetoric

Haha

Like anything that becomes a day to day task, things slip and people get lazy...that's just true.

so the solution is not to do anything for long periods of time?

eugene in response to your question "how did you get to the conclusion that it's not used according to guidelines ?", it says right in the first article that

The airlines are not required to inform passengers at ticket purchase of flight sprays, and there is also no control over how much pesticide is applied on the aircraft. The Association of Flight Attendants reported in 2001 that one airline used 50-60% more pesticide than the maximum recommended by the World Health Organization. Between 2000 and 2001, one cabin crew union received complaints of pesticide-related illness on more than 200 flights. Many complaints cite damp surfaces and pesticide odors in crew rest compartments. Crews and passengers have reported sinus problems, swollen and itchy eyes, cough, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, skin rashes/hives that vary in intensity, severe headaches and fatigue, and heightened sensitivity to other chemicals. Some crew members have medical documentation of reactions consistent with nerve gas exposure, such as blood, optic nerve, and nervous system abnormalities.

so there's the reason some of us ITT are suggesting it's not being used to WHO regulations... because that's what was reported. pesticide related illnesses on more than 200 flights in one year, reported just from one cabin crew union. maybe you missed that?

anyway i don't care enough about this to argue about it, just wanted to point that out.

oh no not some pesticide! thas poisons! how can govenmints poison us like this not even us knowing what is happen? wOW such EVEIL!

*smokes FDA approved carton of cigarettes while drinking a 40 of rum*

:facepalm:

No.

Point is, people are fucking ignorant and they will get all wound up about some pesticide, but they will ingest smokes, alcohol, processed cheese, and every other fucking chemical on the planet with no regard for their body.

Throw a little pesticide in a plane that is designed to protect entire ecosystems from invasive species and it's a problem. That's the real :facepalm: .

This fake anti establishment/anti everything bullshit mentality is a massive facade. The same people that complain about these pesticides are probably sitting in business/first class eating their fake "organic" in flight salad while watching "we are the millers" on their in chair environmentally destructive screen. It's a fucking joke!

joke joke joke

:trollface:

come on, take the bait.

Quite simply, why NOT insecticides in the planes?

Provide a solid argument as to why this is not a reasonable precaution. Keep in mind that the spraying is no less harmful (likely) than the shit we ingest (often indirectly, via smog/city fumes etc) on a daily basis.

Keep in mind major, terrible problems (usually INTENTIONALLY introduced, but still) species like the pine beetle, cane toads etc.

stfu. i facepalmed you because your joke sucked, not because i wanted to get into an argument. all i've said in this thread is that passengers have the right to know. i explicitly said i didn't see the pesticides as a problem in and of themselves.

stfu. i facepalmed you because your joke sucked, not because i wanted to get into an argument. all i've said in this thread is that passengers have the right to know. i explicitly said i didn't see the pesticides as a problem in and of themselves.

Of course they have the right to know, and they would if they researched it as this is public information.

And "STFU" is pretty rude. I didn't make a joke so I'm not sure what you're referring to. I didn't read the rest of this shit thread so sorry I didn't see your stance on pesticides.

But "stfu" is pretty juvenile.

Your entire opinion could have been stated with out saying "shut the fuck up". I'm not eugene you know.

eugene in response to your question "how did you get to the conclusion that it's not used according to guidelines ?", it says right in the first article that

The airlines are not required to inform passengers at ticket purchase of flight sprays, and there is also no control over how much pesticide is applied on the aircraft. The Association of Flight Attendants reported in 2001 that one airline used 50-60% more pesticide than the maximum recommended by the World Health Organization. Between 2000 and 2001, one cabin crew union received complaints of pesticide-related illness on more than 200 flights. Many complaints cite damp surfaces and pesticide odors in crew rest compartments. Crews and passengers have reported sinus problems, swollen and itchy eyes, cough, difficulty breathing, hoarseness, skin rashes/hives that vary in intensity, severe headaches and fatigue, and heightened sensitivity to other chemicals. Some crew members have medical documentation of reactions consistent with nerve gas exposure, such as blood, optic nerve, and nervous system abnormalities.

so there's the reason some of us ITT are suggesting it's not being used to WHO regulations... because that's what was reported. pesticide related illnesses on more than 200 flights in one year, reported just from one cabin crew union. maybe you missed that?

anyway i don't care enough about this to argue about it, just wanted to point that out.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/significant.png

Archived