IGNORED

Joyrex Tape for sale on eBay? But maybe not really?

Mellow U

So uh...not sure what to make of this? Seems like someone just downloaded the files and burned a CD-R and is trying to sell it as if it's legit...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aphex-Twin-Joyrex-Tape-unreleased-tracks-by-Richard-David-James-rare-/151312184310?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item233ae8b3f6

The guy's other stuff for sale is a bunch of rare Drexciya shit for crazy prices.

Guest jasondonervan

Not even a photo of the cassette? Regardless of how battered it might be due to age, you'd at least make the effort to go a little further than just using the logo pinched from google image search. It wouldn't exactly be complete verifcation of legitimacy (anyone can find an old tape and write 'RAER AFEX TUNEZ' on it), but at least it shows some effort...

Oh, and 'one of the party-goers recorded it, it was passed on to me'? nice way to sidestep any accusation that whoever is behind this listing was the one who stole Richard's tracks.

This is either someone trying to pull a fast one, or it's the real deal and they're in panic mode because some of the tracks on this fabled unseen tape may about to be unleashed thanks to the kickstarter.

Not even a photo of the cassette? Regardless of how battered it might be due to age, you'd at least make the effort to go a little further than just using the logo pinched from google image search. It wouldn't exactly be complete verifcation of legitimacy (anyone can find an old tape and write 'RAER AFEX TUNEZ' on it), but at least it shows some effort...

What if he's one of the many Ebay sellers who don't own a camera in 2014?

Guest jasondonervan

Q: So it's just a CD-R with some lazy disc art featuring the .mp3s/.wavs of the Joyrex Tape that anyone else had the opportunity to download from the WATMM website, right? Or is there some special reason you're charging $50 for this...?
May-27-14 A: Don't know anything about that site. I paid 40 bucks for it in San Fransisco years ago.

lol

Gah, why do I keep getting associated with this? I didn't leak it!

"The existence of the tape was rumored for some time until the WATMM forum administrator Joyrex, put up short snippets of the tracks, explaining the origins of the tape and his eventual possession of a copy. Prior to common belief, Joyrex did not leak the tracks online, although this collection is referred to as the Joyrex Tape since it was Joyrex who verified their existence with the audio samples and via his communication with Richard D. James at the time."

This was what I read some time ago, off wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joyrex_Tape

Yeah, I just hate my "name" being associated with it - I'm sure people think I was the one who leaked it on the internets.

"The existence of the tape was rumored for some time until the WATMM forum administrator Joyrex, put up short snippets of the tracks, explaining the origins of the tape and his eventual possession of a copy. Prior to common belief, Joyrex did not leak the tracks online, although this collection is referred to as the Joyrex Tape since it was Joyrex who verified their existence with the audio samples and via his communication with Richard D. James at the time."

Yeah, I just hate my "name" being associated with it - I'm sure people think I was the one who leaked it on the internets.

I can definitely understand why you would not want to be perceived to be 'associated' with the tape or the leaked tracks. On the other hand it does have a nice ring to it...

hahahaha

the only way to confirm authenticity of this kind of thing is if my p smashes it with a hammer imo

That came out unintentionally hilarious... for once autocorrect generates a legitimate LOL

omlol

the only way to confirm authenticity of this kind of thing is if my p smashes it with a hammer imo

That came out unintentionally hilarious... for once autocorrect generates a legitimate LOL

omlol

The question is... could it? :emotawesomepm9:

Archived