IGNORED

Demdike Stare - Testpressing #005

kirm

I've not properly listened to this new one yet but I've mostly enjoyed the Test Pressings series however I also much prefer their albums

think this series has just been them having some fun but I would be more interested to see where they take things on a new full length.

lol @ this whole project imo

yeah I was thinking the same, dunno, I don't know much about DS. Leave me a bit cold, or something like that. Maybe I should listen more? Maybe I won't lol. Maybe file in the underrated artists thread in watmm general chat. Maybe not lol.

Yeah number 5 is a pretty good 1. I also listened to all 5 through as a play list tonight and it works well, there is some awesome stuff from this series even if it is a little hit & Miss. I kinda see this as being them experimenting ready to push their sound on in the future so hoping for big things from their next stuff.

If your just starting out with Demdike get tryptych its still by far the best stuff they have done imo

If your just starting out with Demdike get tryptych its still by far the best stuff they have done imo

I just gave this (TP5) a listen and not feeling it, so will heed this advice as triptych is the only thing of theirs that's grabbed me so far. They're a lot like shackleton to me in that I want to like their music more than I actually do

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I love both shackleton and demdike stare to pieces; I guess I have the gene for it. they make great late night listening. I haven't head test pressing 5 yet, but I love the first four.

Yeah number 5 is a pretty good 1. I also listened to all 5 through as a play list tonight and it works well, there is some awesome stuff from this series even if it is a little hit & Miss. I kinda see this as being them experimenting ready to push their sound on in the future so hoping for big things from their next stuff.

yes sir, you're right about tryptych

• 2 weeks later...

yes sir, you're right about tryptych

Tryptych and their first album are head and shoulders above their more recent stuff, much more focused. Not too keen on this series. Disappointing

Yeah but to be fair I think this test pressing stuff is meant to be unfocused its them messing about a bit and having fun and there's still much to love from the series. Hope this is the last one tho and then they come out renewed with some new more focused stuff!

Guest Deco Balcony

1>3>2>4>5

I reckon 1>2>4>3>5

Definitely not feeling this latest one... Would much rather hear a proper album from them

Yeah but to be fair I think this test pressing stuff is meant to be unfocused its them messing about a bit and having fun and there's still much to love from the series. Hope this is the last one tho and then they come out renewed with some new more focused stuff!

alright, that's fair about unfocused being part of the point, I'm just not finding it that interesting musically. They've gotten away from the aesthetic of their early releases, which is fine, but I'm just not that into where they've gone.

Definitely not feeling this latest one... Would much rather hear a proper album from them

pretty much the same thoughts I have, I was also a little annoyed at the way they originally released the Elemental series with that special binder and each 12" coming out one at a time in limited runs, only followed many months later by a 2xCD release. Would have been nice if they just released the Cd at the very beginning so i wasn't left with a half filled overly expensive binder. Anyways, yeah please release a full length album

Archived