IGNORED

Jon Brooks - 52

Zorro

Hope I can nab a copy of this, it's amazing how quickly Clay Pipe releases sell out. And any thoughts on the Woodbines and Spiders collab with Ian Hodgson? A bit off the wall, need to revisit it sometime.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope I can nab a copy of this, it's amazing how quickly Clay Pipe releases sell out. And any thoughts on the Woodbines and Spiders collab with Ian Hodgson? A bit off the wall, need to revisit it sometime.

It says vinyl comes with a download code, so it sounds like digital release is right there and waiting?!

I am hoping that tracks appear somewhere official or on bandcamp or whatever within a year....

is this purely wishful thinking? really annoyed about the existence of download codes but no digital release! (Or did I simply misunderstand their website?)

i didn't enjoy the woodbines & spiders project. nothing about it worked for me

also, like you, i hope i can nab a copy of 52. wasn't able to get shapwick and only listened to a few tracks via youtube (or some other streaming site)

i'm kinda saving up for the next advisory circle

clay pipe's blog has a new post with a BBC interview with jon brooks.

The show includes both the previously released "pond I" as well as a so far unheard track "the back room".

http://www.claypipemusic.co.uk/2014/09/jon-brooks-on-bbc-tees.html

Sounds amazing, I'm probably going to try to preorder just for the download code, and give the vinyl to a friend...

ARGH the download code is in the vinyl sleeve?!?!

I certainly hope it's also sent via email. I don't have a vinyl deck and was going to have this mailed directly to a friend. Would piss me off if I have to ask her to to manually copy some stupid code.

Guy

I certainly hope it's also sent via email. I don't have a vinyl deck and was going to have this mailed directly to a friend. Would piss me off if I have to ask her to to manually copy some stupid code.

I will email, Jon today. Don't worry.

Guy

I will email, Jon today. Don't worry.

Cool, thanks. I pre-ordered it regardless of the outcome...

(To explain why I voiced such strong frustration: it's beautiful music and I hope the distribution is as easy as possible!)

So no digital release on this? ;[

Of course not :cerious: .

IIRC the clay pipe website says rather vaguely that artists may put music up on bandcamp at a future date. I'm guessing it might be a while, but it'll be great for people like me that found out about Brooks well past the sale of shapwick.

OTOH it's possible he's content to let it disappear... (especially if you listen to his interview from some days ago and read too much into it, particularly his nostalgia for a world decades gone...)

I spoke with Clay Pipe on Twitter yesterday. The download will be either mp3 or FLAC and will require inputting the code on Bandcamp. They didn't mention about a general release on Bandcamp at all. It sounds like this release may go the same way as all the Devon Folklore Tape stuff - limited even to downloads.

I spoke with Clay Pipe on Twitter yesterday. The download will be either mp3 or FLAC and will require inputting the code on Bandcamp. They didn't mention about a general release on Bandcamp at all. It sounds like this release may go the same way as all the Devon Folklore Tape stuff - limited even to downloads.

did you happen to discuss whether the download code will also be emailed out?

Archived