6. Mr Hedgehog - Colonization of Barren Soil
7. A/D - Monodomine (choir)
8. Hanratty - Mycorrhizae
9. Phyla Zen - WiZ.Actoknife 1
10. Embers Lucent - Colloidal Journies
11. cubus - Take Root
12. Missingsense - Mushy
13. Swegüno - Myco Sapiens
This album is insane, jumping spanning from wholesome organic ambiance to fucked-up fungal mayhem (and some stuff in between too). As a long time fan of biological topics, I'm very happy with how this turned out.
Thanks to everyone who sent in tracks. Sorry to those who's tracks didn't make it. Many of the tracks that didn't make it were excellent, but didn't fit in for stylistic reasons. Also thanks to Zephyr for the mastering and mirror for the album art.
The album is set to pay what you like for availability reasons only. THIS IS A FREE ALBUM. I didn't make any of these tracks. Please don't donate money.
Hopefully the Aphex hype won't prevent people from noticing this...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonus EP with leftover tracks pls

Yeah that was great last year. I only turned down one track last year, and fortunately it was by an artist who submitted something else so really no one was turned down.

Unfortunately it wouldn't work so well this year. Some of the leftover tracks just aren't as good. Others are really good, but they wouldn't really make a good EP together, and they wouldn't fit in well on the album (for example, I wouldn't want to put a funky melodious track next to crazy noise track).

Thanks for always doing this, Goiter!

Swegüno knocks it out of the park yet again ...

Yup. It's interesting that the year Goiter does something without so much choir, Zephyr and A/D end their tracks with choirs to fill that void.

The cubus track is out of the park too! I love the slow building glory throughout.

Some great tracks this year --metronome's beats are disgustingly big and sexy, Silver Trifolium's track finds that spot between beauty/melancholy/nostalgia that's so affecting, and Sweguna hits us with his most epic track to date. Great comp! Fantastic cover art too.

PS: anyone who likes my track and wants to hear more can download the latest Zephyr Nova album free at bandcamp: https://zephyrnova.bandcamp.com/releases

Stylistically it bears little resemblance to my Mycorrhizae track, focusing more on the ambient/melodic side of my music. The artwork was done by watmm's very own Goiter Sanchez (AKA Sweguno).

Alright! Listened through and thoroughly enjoyed!

Zephyr's track is impossibly lovely (great job mastering the whole thing as well)! Tsrono's track sounds (and looks) like the it should've been on L-Event!

Me listening to the cubus track:

wp-blown-away-ubuntu-1732x737.jpg

The treatment on the vocal sample in that track (Take Root) is one of the coolest pieces of production I've heard in a while!

Alright everyone, time to make some Boss Battle Themes! http://forum.watmm.com/topic/84701-boss-battles-tribute-album-watmm-video-game-comp/

Guest extherium

Niiiiice. Who's Embers Lucent? Tears eerywher

Thanks. I'm not a musician. Just a scientist who likes sound and does a lot of field work in remote locations. I bring an audio recorder with me because I enjoy listening back to the desolation and strange sounds of these places, which I never really get to appreciate when I'm working.

I do have a bandcamp page for my manipulated field recordings.

Also I have been placed onto these compilations as well... Rural, Regional & Remote and TEFOSAV Aggregation Project 0x0009

All are free downloads. :)

Archived