IGNORED

formula e is pretty idm

chaosmachine

That was great. I just skimmed through it, wonder how they deal with pit stops?

Couldn't they just pee in a cup? :dadjoke:

fixed the emoticon for you. :catsalute:

They switch cars because the batteries don't last the whole race and can't be quickly replaced. To keep things safe and avoid rushing the car switch which could result in improperly fastened restraints and whatnot, there is a minimum time the driver has to take to switch cars. It's all rather kludgy at the moment.

They switch cars because the batteries don't last the whole race and can't be quickly replaced. To keep things safe and avoid rushing the car switch which could result in improperly fastened restraints and whatnot, there is a minimum time the driver has to take to switch cars. It's all rather kludgy at the moment.

lol awesome - just hop into a brand new car. I suppose hot-swappable battery packs will be the next step until charging is as fast as fueling currently is in regular F-1. After that - pod-racing mofos!!

They don't refuel the cars anymore in F1. Pit stops are just for tire changes.

Oh that's right - forgot about that. They changed that a while ago too. Well similar restrictions will lead to better battery development.

I know some guys working locally on this. There is a LOT of money being pumped into it (which is great long term for "normal" electric cars)

Yeah there are some big names that I recognized, and I think it's fucking great.

I skipped ahead to the actual race just as u-qiz's jewel tea came on my playlist, exceptionally idm experience.

pretty cool though, electric cars are finally finding their feet (wheels?) I think, Tesla's line has helped a lot too I think

Archived