IGNORED

Windows 10 (out now)

Rubin Farr

right click on the volume icon and go into Recording devices, right click on each one and disable it, do the same for the Playback devices. Should be able to tell which one is causing the problem then, you might be able to just leave it disabled if you don't use it, or look for an updated driver or something.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

right click on the volume icon and go into Recording devices, right click on each one and disable it, do the same for the Playback devices. Should be able to tell which one is causing the problem then, you might be able to just leave it disabled if you don't use it, or look for an updated driver or something.

thanks caze, it turns out the mic was acting up :)

• 1 year later...

Always!

In fact my foobar setup looks like an alpha build of Winamp 2 :

foobar.png

how do you have NTS sessions in 2015?

Am from future. (I must've grabbed a screenshot of me playing NTS sessions for some reason then saved the file over a previous screengrab of Foobar under the same filename on my FTP server)

The last windows 10 feature update (1803 I think) broke my lappy, so it now crashes after about 30 seconds when plugged in to the wall. I've opened it up to airdust in and it's spotless in there. The power adapter may have gone bad but I'm suspicious that it coincided with the last update...Fucking annoying. No idea what the solution is

How come? Taking all the tiles off the right (and also knowing about right clicking the start button) and it's exactly the same (though looks a little nicer). Windows 10 was actually the first time I stopped using Classic shell!

Because the windows 10 start menu is hell? It was incredibly buggy and the all the crap pinned to the taskbar was a chore to organize. I like the stuff I pin to it to be on the left hand side in a list and not as tiles being flung out half way across the screen. I can't believe there are people actually defending windows 10's start menu  :facepalm:  It's only slightly better than what windows 8 had, and that was fucking brutal.

Because the windows 10 start menu is hell? It was incredibly buggy and the all the crap pinned to the taskbar was a chore to organize. I like the stuff I pin to it to be on the left hand side in a list and not as tiles being flung out half way across the screen. I can't believe there are people actually defending windows 10's start menu  :facepalm:  It's only slightly better than what windows 8 had, and that was fucking brutal.

2amTE8n.jpg

Entorwellian: One change I made to my use of the start menu was learning that pressing the Windows key then typing the first few letters (or just letter if used commonly) of the app or document name, and pressing enter launches it. So on my system 'Windows key ... Ch [enter]' BAM Google Chrome! 'Windows key, A' .... Ableton. 'Windows key C' ... Calculator. For me it actually ends up being so much faster than even back when I had a super organised Start menu in my 95 to XP days.... (ps nice deep breaths)

yeah man Windowz8 is brutal

Archived