IGNORED

free Oval stuff on bandcamp for a few hours

th555

Bought Voa, been meaning to do it for ages, such quality work.

Didn't he suffer a stroke recently? Couldn't find out anything online but I read he was dealing with pricey hospital costs.

I fell into some heavy Oval retox this week, from systemisch to the latest ones, the O tracks are really good indeed, i was a bit surprised when those 2010 records came out but they're great tracks, mad, short, melodic & twisted.

^ this. I dug out my Oval CDs for the first time in a few years last month. Had Systemisch, 94diskont & Ovalprocess on heavy rotation.

I always have Dok on heavy rotation.

Haven't listened to O since it came out, need to dig that one out too.

Cool! Generous move from the man. Seems like he still has them up for free instead of just those few hours yesterday, so get on it!

Didn't he do a similar bandcamp give away last year too? Got Pre-Commers / Ovalcommers / Szenario / Aero Deko through that, great stuff in there. Going to grab Dok and So now + some more based on the posts above :)

Wish he'd rerelease his earlier stuff like 94diskont, couldn't find it even in illegal form last time I tried :-/

Shoot him a message via facebook.

He sold me 94 diskont & systemisch for a good price (the reissues from last years RSD).

They come with a download.

Popp-photoNanaAsaseGeorgRoske120615-616x

that whole set does he open his mouth once ? I know that i have allergies so kind of have my mouth open a bit, but still, open your mouth dude, it's a great way to breath, let people know that you're ok, not breathing through your arse.

Popp-photoNanaAsaseGeorgRoske120615-616x

that whole set does he open his mouth once ? I know that i have allergies so kind of have my mouth open a bit, but still, open your mouth dude, it's a great way to breath, let people know that you're ok, not breathing through your arse.

Send him this video, perhaps he's never tried before

[youtubehd]5Iivg5JeXjY[/youtubehd]

^ this. I dug out my Oval CDs for the first time in a few years last month. Had Systemisch, 94diskont & Ovalprocess on heavy rotation.

I always have Dok on heavy rotation.

Haven't listened to O since it came out, need to dig that one out too.

Dok is a masterpiece of an album. Always been one of my favorites in any genre of music. I spent a good number of months a few years ago analyzing all of the sounds and structures to the pieces.

And Do While is just one of the greatest compositions that I've ever heard. If it's playing, I just instantly lose focus of everything else I'm doing and become deeply mesmerized and enthralled for the entire duration. It's like spontaneous hypnosis in musical form.

If you like Dok it's worth checking this out http://www.discogs.com/Christophe-Charles-Undirected-Dok/release/198448

It was my understanding that Dok was made from samples provided by Christophe Charles so I assumed Undirected/Dok came first. Confusingly it looks like Oval's Dok was released two years before Charles'.

Yeah, always was a bit confused on the actual origins of the sounds. I was under the impression that most of the album originated from field recordings of various bells that Charles gathered across eastern Asia. And Im not sure if he had any other direct musical contribution past the point of providing Popp with the recordings. If anyone knows any more specifics on the topic, I'd love to hear them.

Archived