IGNORED

Inside Out (2015) Disney/Pixar

Joyrex

Saw it this weekend - very cute movie, typical Pixar (when Pixar does it right). Only thing that ruined the experience was being in a theatre with hundreds of kids whose parents obviously brought them there to be hopefully distracted (which they were not - they were so noisy, but hey, kids) while they Facebooked... I swear, the glow from all the screens below me...

When Mindy Kaling, who voices the emotion Digust in the film, stopped by Good Morning Americafor a sit down with George Stephanopoulos, the host forgot that very important word when talking about the film:

“It really does make you feel like you’re inside this 11-year-old girl.”

Kaling took a beat and then saved Stephanopoulos from himself by adding:

“In a profoundly wholesome way.”

video: http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2015/06/19/mindy-kaling-saves-george-stephanopoulos-from-his-own-terrible-interview-question/

saw it this evening. obviously designed for parents with adolescent children. almost fell asleep several times. not bad but doesn't nearly live up to the hype. certainly no up

i didn't actually like Up...in the minority there i know but i thought it was quite boring... think my favorite film in this genre is The Incredibles

Saw it this weekend - very cute movie, typical Pixar (when Pixar does it right). Only thing that ruined the experience was being in a theatre with hundreds of kids whose parents obviously brought them there to be hopefully distracted (which they were not - they were so noisy, but hey, kids) while they Facebooked... I swear, the glow from all the screens below me...

saw it this evening. obviously designed for parents with adolescent children. almost fell asleep several times. not bad but doesn't nearly live up to the hype. certainly no up

So at what point in the movie did you guys lose your shit & start bawling your eyes out?

what was the short about?

a singing lonely volcano that wants a mate

i didn't actually like Up...in the minority there i know but i thought it was quite boring... think my favorite film in this genre is The Incredibles

the best part of up is the intro. the rest of the movie doesn't ever hit that high after that

So at what point in the movie did you guys lose your shit & start bawling your eyes out?

as i wasn't the target audience for the film it just didn't happen

when bing bong died

as i wasn't the target audience for the film it just didn't happen

when bing bong died

Haha. Haven't seen it, but once I read about that character, I knew it was gonna be a goner. Especially reading how gutting the film becomes from reviews.

Only if you're a parent... there was one part where I got a little misty-eyed, but it faded quickly. Like juiceciuj said - good, but certainly no Up or The Incredibles.

what age range is this for?

The theatre I was at had kids that sounded like they were 4 or 5... I'd say it resonates with 5+ girls, and possibly 6+ boys and higher. Not sure if an actual 11-12 year old girl would like it - my 15 year old daughter thought it was good.

the only movie i ever took my son to see was big hero 6 and he loved the expeience. he is 4 so ive been trying to find something to take him too since. was not sure if this would be over his head.

the only movie i ever took my son to see was big hero 6 and he loved the expeience. he is 4 so ive been trying to find something to take him too since. was not sure if this would be over his head.

I don't think Inside Out would appeal to him - plus, he might get really sad when...

bing bong "dies" (we're talking Toy Story 3 levels of grim during that part

Ratatouille is my favorite

Yes, it is one of my favourites too - hard to say if I have an "ultimate" favourite Pixar movie. They've done so many good ones.

I still can't rewatch Up though - the man tears flow freely... even thinking about it... damn.

I rewatched "Up" yesterday and it's such a good film. Kind of baffling how it's half a colorful kids' cartoon with silly comic relief talking dogs and half a tear-jerking story of an elderly man moving on with his life after his wife dies. The fact that they managed to make it all feel like one coherent story and not a confused mess, and managed to somehow also keep it a family-friendly rollicking adventure, is really damn impressive. I'm excited to see Inside Out solely because of how good Up was.

...and yeah I think I got even more weepy the second time watching it, having been through a rough death of someone close since I last saw it. The opening montage and the scene toward the end where he's flipping through the picture book and realizes she'd filled in the remaining pages with photos of their life together just destroyed me. I think the score plays a big part in how emotional it is too.

After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness - conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.

WALL-E is the tits: cute robos for the kiddies, morality tale and warning for adults, specifically Americans.

I've actually never seen WALL-E! Need to fix that asap

WALL-E is the tits: cute robos for the kiddies, morality tale and warning for adults, specifically Americans.

I've actually never seen WALL-E! Need to fix that asap

it's kind of like idiocracy for kids

what's inside out about, JR?

something about emotional states or something?

Seriously, in 2015 you have to ask? Google dat shit, mang

I loved how they incorporated Fred Willard

I forgot about that - really jarring to see a "real" person in an animated movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weldZNirBQU

:46 lol

dude keeps his cool really well, no wonder we've never actually seen his toupee fall off on camera

She saved him, for sure. freudian slip, perhaps? :emotawesomepm9:

Archived