IGNORED

Gin

lala

Sadly, Gin isn't a high seller in my city I don't think. Most stores just stock the generic Tanqueray or whatever.

I love Gin and have had several higher end decent ones but they're hard to come by. =(

order from the internets! what we did was read up on the drinks awards and bought the medal winners :) but yeah. try some D1

Can you order liquor like direct to your house wherever you are???

It's not possible here. And most retailers here won't special order products because they have to buy a whole case. =(

I'll check a specialty liquor store and see if I can find something fancy =)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bombay saphire for me.

grapefruit juice makes a nice addition to a G&T on occasion.

I like Bombay Sapphire too, never tried it with grapefruit juice and sadly just finished my carton of pink grapefruit juice. My current bottle is Greenall's which is perfectly palatable.

I keep my gin in the fridge, anyone else do that?

yeah, me too. though not sure why, considering the amount of ice I add to the glass anyway.

I think thats because most are london dry gins, they are all trying for similar juniper-forward flavour. try some of the weird smaller batch ones - the terroir gin i had the other day tasted like sage, didnt like it really. and the ophir i posted in this thread really tastes of cardamoms.

I like Hendricks a lot but mostly buy beefeater

I can't stand Bombay or tanqueray. maybe I had too much of them. they seem too floral or too processed or something.

try the beefeater 24 if you havent

I like Hendricks a lot but mostly buy beefeater

I can't stand Bombay or tanqueray. maybe I had too much of them. they seem too floral or too processed or something.

Have you tried the Tanqueray #10 rather than just the regular?

I agree on regular Tanqueray it's not very good, but the #10 is really nice (the rangpur one is good for gin and tonic also). Bombay is really heavy on something or other, can't tell what it is but I don't like it either.

have not had beefeater 24 or the tanqueray 10

gin and grapefruit is a little odd. salty dog is that with a salted rim yea?

I like tequila and grapefruit with a splash of tonic and some lime...best summer cocktail there is.

I like tequila and grapefruit with a splash of tonic and some lime...best summer cocktail there is.

I usually just add a splash to a regular G&T, though occasionally I'll make a larger cocktail with more grapefruit juice (sometimes half+half with OJ). My favourite summer cocktail is a london mule: gin, ginger beer, mint, lime juice (that or a michelada, sans tomato juice) - for the daytime at least, usually move onto whiskey sours in the evenings.

that sacred gin is getting tried next. whats the lowdown on it?

proper good, i got well smashed on it, lovely taste too!

if you buy it from gerrys in soho you should pick up some mead, fuck me, could barely walk after 3 bottles.

yeah, me too. though not sure why, considering the amount of ice I add to the glass anyway.

i think it makes it taste better double chilled. i also add lots of ice. that's mainly to cool the mixer too though. which i also chill.

I usually just add a splash to a regular G&T, though occasionally I'll make a larger cocktail with more grapefruit juice (sometimes half+half with OJ). My favourite summer cocktail is a london mule: gin, ginger beer, mint, lime juice (that or a michelada, sans tomato juice) - for the daytime at least, usually move onto whiskey sours in the evenings.

a man after my own heart. im not a whiskey fan per se (apart from laphroiag) as i dont have much experience with them, but whiskey sours are amazeballs. and i like an old fashioned, breaking the orange peel to release the oil, which means your olfactory sense smells orange and masks the whiskey taste is very clever.

and mojitos using anything from the mint family, basil, thai basil, and cucumber, for different fragrances.

maybe we should change this to the cocktail thread

Archived