IGNORED

Envmod - Sum Tracks

BCM

so here is an albumy kind of thing wot i done which you can pay me money to download and that. i was going to do a cassette but i don't know if i can be arsed - would anyone want one? i've got a load of unopened chrome C90 cassettes that i was thinking about maybe hand dubbing with some extra bonus tracks or something.

https://acidenvmod.bandcamp.com/album/sum-tracks

yeah well it's ok i guess...got a bit annoyed with the whole thing to be honest...i don't really like doing albums and that...just the odd track here and there...anyway, it's out there now! I'm going to be doing some more things soon, of a slightly different nature...got back into laptop producing plus also want to put out some modular nonsense...cheers to all who have purchased!

obviously i have too much time on my hands and nothing better to do but here's an opinion:

i find these tracks boring and flat as hell. they sound like they were made with no inspiration, nothing to communicate, no emotion to convey etc. excuse the harshness but these are polished turds, rehashed versions of things already done.

i don't see the point in creating the same thing over and over without trying to explore new ideas, new territory. i mean it's ok to refine a technique and idea, but once your musical output consists of obsessional gimmicks created inside a comfort zone, you're pretty much dead creatively speaking. i think new musical ideas, interesting and fresh stuff, can only emerge through different creative process. the medium is the message etc.

i know this music's made on spare time with no pretense and for fun. but i think any musician should, at a certain point, ask himself what his contribution to music is.

to quote rdj, new sounds make you a new person. music is powerful. so stop making those half-assed, unsignificant mini poops. embrace the power of music.

bow down to your master and serve him, you unsignificant vessel of a greater purpose.

Oh lol BT, I want to listen to it now just to be rebellious, hah. Ahh shit I forgot to put it on my phone. I listened to a few tracks yesterday and one hook has stuck in my brain.

From hearing where bcm (wow, ipad autocorrects bcm to 'bum', don't put the boot in even more on the poor fella), nwae, from hearing where bcm was to where he is now, he's far more competent at delivering what he intents in his heart to create. I think that he's not making turds, and that they aren't totally polished. Instead he's making truth nuggets, and as he gets better at extracting and refining the ore there will be more gold.

BleSs

[-; :: ;-]

cheers :beer: btw there are many musicians i could have made the same comment about:

ceephax, dmx krew, steinvord, heorge garrison, eod. one could argue gerald donald should be there but i happen to love everything he makes, despite the extremely gimmicky nature of his tracks. i don't have a problem with gimmicks per se as long as i like the result.

these tracks are ones i just needed to get out there really so i can close them off and get on with some different things...i'm changing up my workflow a bit and using ableton for more recent stuff (rather than logic/numerology) so things are sounding quite different... I'll post some new stuff at some point.

• 5 weeks later...

cheers weakmassive! am slightly disappointed with the seemingly muted response but hey ho...maybe it'll pick up! if not it'll be one of those special secret albums hardly anyone owns :L

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I just finished my first listen through, solid release BCMboss!

I think my favorite on the first listen through was 2AM EFM, goofy and playful sounding to me.

Across the album I think you kept the track times perfect btw. Only listened to on my monitors, will be playing this on my main system later with a few brews. :beer:

Archived