IGNORED

Cycling bikes

Schlitze

^^ that's sick! never ridden in the snow, seems difficult

IMG-20181023-172207.jpg

originally built this bike in 2015 - surly steel frame, light weight mavic open pro custom made wheels + shimano 6800 groupset

rebuilt it three months ago with flat handle bars because drops were fucking up my neck and shoulders, couldn't imagine a better bike for commuting and light/ moderate touring  :wub:

apple for scale

i built a black cross check in 2015 (or maybe 2014?) and got hit and totalled about 6 months later. i then built a pacer frame up with cross check components but wish i'd just gotten another cross check. the seat post is currently froze in it so i'm just commuting no my single speed. the cold and wind has been absolutely awful the last few days. can't wait for the weekend.

^^ that's sick! never ridden in the snow, seems difficult

depends on the quality and quantity of snow. 0-5 cm of light powdery snow is ok for 35mm tires. anything more and/or wet snow calls for a mountain bike with wider tires.  studded, of course. 

the roads i use in the wintertime are pretty well maintained though

• 2 weeks later...

yes Juiceciuj go crosscheck! Using a single speed is shit if you live in a hilly area

Do people downhill mountainbike race in the snow? Is that a sport event?

I've been watching a bike on ebay, failed to get a single bid on auctions starting at £250 twice now, I was waiting for him to relist it at a lower price so I could make him an offer...cunt just relisted it starting at £280. What the fuck. Cretin.

yes Juiceciuj go crosscheck! Using a single speed is shit if you live in a hilly area

Do people downhill mountainbike race in the snow? Is that a sport event?

it does suck but now i'm just strong af

nutzo, having no traction would scare the hell out of me

What Bike u looking at Warrior?

Fair enough Juice ladies go bonkers for exploding calves

Only footage i can find of a 30km mountain bike race i was in last week - this mothafucka stacked it hard

I need to get a (cycling) bike soon, I'm looking at one of these.

2i6a9926.jpg

pretty basic, I guess, but I'm just looking to get back into cycling and get strong with it again after years and years of not doing it regularly.

Usagi I recommend u got to Omafiets in Redfern, best bike shop in Syd with a bike for every budget 

problem with buying a shitbox is that they're often difficult to service and are not built to last - a lot of bike mechanics i know will refuse to service Kmart bikes. ur better to spend a bit more money upfront 

that one there's from 99 Bikes though. you reckon it's a shitbox? I have no idea.

I do want one that will last though, I've never had a bike that lasted more than 2-3 years and I'm determined not to repeat that. what's the bottom end of the price bracket for non-shitbox bikes?

Omafiets website makes my head spin. I should just go into the shop. edit: I like this one but it's like four times what I was hoping to spend

Edited by usagi

Yeah just go in, theyre very knowledgeable and friendly there

honestly for a new bike you'd want to spend close to $1000 but theres many deals on new and used bikes to be had, omafiets krew will be able to help u out 

Wow, that guy ate shit super hard. I crashed on my bike about a month ago and really hurt my arm. Couldn't lift it completely vertically til a few days ago. Had the first ride since then today I can't believe how much I missed it.