IGNORED

music to play on your monitors

may be rude

Any album really, I love the fact that whenever I'd listen to a piece of music it sounds the closest it can in my room to how it was supposed to sound right out of the studio.

I even enjoy hearing the shitty gear that might have been chosen here or there, or noticing the tone differences between records by a same artist/band but from different decades (play Windowlicker then Vordhosbn then any Syro track and it's quite obvious how his set-ups and MO change over time).

I remember listening to tons of different tunes when I first got my current monitors, and how fantastic it was to hear how all those tunes were musically and sonically different.

Sorry for the slight OT.

I would suggest Rashad Becker - Traditional Music Of Notional Species Vol. I. Dude really knows how to make music sound good as evidenced by his 1,000,000 mastering credits, and that skill seems very important for all of the little details you can pick out in his own music.

It's all subjective, I get what you're getting at but things you expect to sound good don't and visa versa.

Goldie's Timeless may be worth a re-listen though.

I like this thread. I actually really enjoy alternative rock on my monitors. It's nice as you get a really wide soundstage...feels like you are at a gig.

Depends on how well treated your room is really. My bass response is a bit lackluster.

Pixies

I think this thread already existed last year.

Nonetheless, I'll mention Sigur Ros's ( ), Autechre's Untilted, and Sarah McLachlan's Surfacing as being very rewarding to listen to on monitors as a comparison to consumer style speakers.

sent using magic space waves

Archived