IGNORED

new research shows sea levels could rise 60 feet

may be rude

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always wondered how they calculate these sea rise predictions. So water gets warmer it expands, that adds something. Land ice melts and it runs into the ocean and it rises, but how much could it possibly be to raise the level a whole 60 meters. The oceans are huge and no small amount is going to change the sea level. How does it work?

I always wondered how they calculate these sea rise predictions. So water gets warmer it expands, that adds something. Land ice melts and it runs into the ocean and it rises, but how much could it possibly be to raise the level a whole 60 meters. The oceans are huge and no small amount is going to change the sea level. How does it work?

because the antarctic ice sheet is fucking massive. really really really really really really really really big.

the average thickness is more than 2,000 meters or something, the thickest bit is nearly 5,000 meters. it's been slowly accumulating for millions of years.

Wiki says the Antarctic has 26.5 million cubic kilometers of ice, I could buy that if it all melted it would raise the sea levels at least 60 meters. It would also fuck with weather patterns and sea currents. Shits going to hell. It was a nice run, laterz.

it's cool, we'll mostly be dead by then. bye bye future humans :catghost:

terrible attitude, we've survived much worse with much less resources

What we should fear the most is stuff like supervolcanoes or asteroids, at least we can adapt to climate change, try adapting to an unexpected asteroid impact.

But at the end of the day the public should not worry so much because we have some of our best minds working on this, if the end comes then thats it, no need to live in fear.

Also i am not too worry about climate change deniers because ultimately their opinion doesnt matter and its not based in reality, yeah maybe they block a carbon foot print tax or whatever but do you really think a tax is a solution? we need an attitude change from all, start from scratch, rethink everything, etc etc, we consume like a motherfucker so what is it then? you still want to consume and not have consequences, i dont think it works like that, our way of life is causing this so we need to think about that too but of course nobody want to blame themselves

Hopefully VR will change things and most of our consumption is inside the virtual world.

it's cool, we'll mostly be dead by then. bye bye future humans :catghost:

terrible attitude, we've survived much worse with much less resources

yes, that represents my real attitude to the problem. well spotted.

Also i am not too worry about climate change deniers because ultimately their opinion doesnt matter and its not based in reality, yeah maybe they block a carbon foot print tax or whatever but do you really think a tax is a solution?

I'm worried mostly by the so called environmentalists, who constantly get in the way of any real progress on the issue. good job assholes.

Infowars is being posted on WATMM... The fuck is happening here lately?!

Just when I thought "I think his sig is merely ironic"

meh, i lost faith when people started posting sargon of akkad videos as undeniable ultimate truth

Archived