IGNORED

new research shows sea levels could rise 60 feet

may be rude

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm for gay earth creationism.

5d629c2c5614a63acbe96592317d221f.jpg

The apple should have been a banana. And I'm missing a rainbow in the background. Other than that: thumbs up! (read: religion is ...nvrmnd)

WTF is up with WATMM these days?

Infowars, young earth creationism, Relativity denialism, "I'm more worried about environmentalists than climate change deniers", UFOlogy, MRA, healing crystals...

I am trying to decide if the YEC who posted in this thread also believes in Judgement Day, and is therefor happy about climate change...or if he doesn't believe in climate change because it wasn't foretold in the bible...or if climate change is the result of gay marriage

Does WATMM have any Scientologists? At this point I wouldn't be surprised

WATMM did have a Scientologist, he was complaining about people laughing at Scientology in a Scientology thread, so he left.

My comment was in relation to many (most?) environmentalist's denial of reality in dealing with the problem, in effect being on the side of the climate change deniers (useful idiots for the fossil fuel lobby basically), silly to lump me in with the rest.

Infowars, young earth creationism, Relativity denialism, "I'm more worried about environmentalists than climate change deniers", UFOlogy, MRA, healing crystals...

I am trying to decide if the YEC who posted in this thread also believes in Judgement Day, and is therefor happy about climate change...or if he doesn't believe in climate change because it wasn't foretold in the bible...or if climate change is the result of gay marriage

I think these people are a very vocal minority

After SYRO What did you expect? those track titles has influenced the community IMO

We need to get rid of all the farting cows. *eats a burger for the environment*

http://www.cowspiracy.com/facts/

Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

Livestock and their byproducts account for at least 32,000 million tons of carbon dioxide (CO2) per year, or 51% of all worldwide greenhouse gas emissions.

addiction

A lot of cowspiracy shit is vegan propaganda. It's also true that properly raised cattle improve the soil fertility and keep vegetation growing.

You certainly do not need 50 square acres or whatever the fuck per cow. I asked multiple farmers at my farmers market who are 100% grassfed last week.

A lot of cowspiracy shit is vegan propaganda. It's also true that properly raised cattle improve the soil fertility and keep vegetation growing.

You certainly do not need 50 square acres or whatever the fuck per cow. I asked multiple farmers at my farmers market who are 100% grassfed last week.

I've just realised I used 'to' instead of 'too' in my post and it's too late to edit. So apologies for that, I'm blaming a slight hangover for a pretty inexcusable mistake.

new research shows people 50% more likely to mix up to/too/two after a night of drinking

TAX THE LIVESTOCK

TAX BREATHING!!

TAX TAX TAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my problems with carbon taxing

1 - it helps pay for things i dont want and i despise like war and corrupt assholes

2 - carbon tax to me seems like its gonna be used by people as a "jesus" for their overconsumption, they will rationalize gross behaviour by saying stuff like "hey i pay carbon foot print tax i can do whatever i want"

All of us need to change attitude not just goverments

The alternative is to "live hard and die young", go full throttle and crash this bitch to the ground which if everyone is fine with that ill join with but then dont go on facebook and trash trump for being an exaggerated version of the ugly side of western attitude which we all contribute to.

vegan consipracy? what is that?

Livestock is terrible for environment and morally. I stopped eating meat for moral reasons, but no one can deny the environmental impact of livestock.

I'll be sure to tell shame my cat for being immoral as soon as I get home.

the cruelty/awful conditions of factory farming are the problem, not the basic concept of carnivorousness. the natural world does not have these "morals". the only reason I would stop eating meat would be to stand against farming practices, not because I think eating meat is fundamentally wrong.

I'll be sure to tell shame my cat for being immoral as soon as I get home.

the cruelty/awful conditions of factory farming are the problem, not the basic concept of carnivorousness. the natural world does not have these "morals". the only reason I would stop eating meat would be to stand against farming practices, not because I think eating meat is fundamentally wrong.

Yeah, industrial farming is terrible.

I wont take the <<natural world>> as a example for the basis of my morality. I think that choosing to feed yourself without hurting other living beings is worthwhile and for the better

I dont see how killing can be morally justifiable since its not needed in order to survive: we can survive well without meat. And the truth is, people eat meat cause meat taste good, not to survive. if meat tasted terrible, people would seek other way to feed themselves.

the natural world like lions dont get to choose and ponder on the impact of their actions, they either die of hunger or kill to survive. its incomparable.

you could choose as a human being to take an approach that aligns with your personal values more by opting not to kill and eat other creatures for sustenance, sure. but whether or not it's the high road, a true moral higher ground (if such a thing exists), I'm not so sure. I don't think it's necessarily a more virtuous approach than someone who chooses to eat meat as all other 'unthinking' creatures do. also there are some people who believe that these creatures' purpose is to be food for others up the food chain, but let's not go there.

I personally don't think I could survive without meat. or maybe survive poorly. I'd probably have to take iron supplements or something.

Archived