IGNORED

Max/MSP 30% off sale until june

Note that means Ableton is thus also having a sale too. Not sure how come the two companies are so entwined, really speculating Cycling '74 Max 8 will actually be Ableton Max 8 (or the whole thing will be together with Ableton 10)

Note that means Ableton is thus also having a sale too. Not sure how come the two companies are so entwined, really speculating Cycling '74 Max 8 will actually be Ableton Max 8 (or the whole thing will be together with Ableton 10)

Ableton was originally based off a series of Max patches made by Monolake

Dayymmm so it was - That memory never even entered my brain when working out why the two companies were so intrinsinctly linked

Love how multicoloured it looked back then

m_13624808_4BYSfYZIdIC7.jpg.640.jpg

buys max/msp, gets lost in belly button, never releases music again

Ha, surely it's not as bad as eurocrack. At least it doesn't suck your bank account dry, you can whip up little helper tools to work with your existing setup even if you don't want to become a Max monk (I do, personally).

I wish I had the mental capacity/motivation to use max/msp.. a friend of mine (littlescale on youtube) does amazing stuff with max4live and I kinda wish I could as well, hah. maybe I'll start with pd.

buys max/msp, gets lost in belly button, never releases music again

Ha, surely it's not as bad as eurocrack. At least it doesn't suck your bank account dry, you can whip up little helper tools to work with your existing setup even if you don't want to become a Max monk (I do, personally).

Nothing wrong with being a Max monk or a Puredata priest. The big learning curve and period of non-productivity are the musical equivalents of taking a vow of silence.

• 1 year later...

Can't find the sales on their website, when I go to the "Buy" page I only have the usual payment options. 30% off 300€ is quite interesting even if it wasn't really the moment to put more money into music making.

(Apologies, this was a bumped topic from 2016 - regarding Cycling's acquisition)

Ah ! Did not pay any attention to that, the OP mentioned 7th June as a deadline so I was like "Oh god I have to act quick" haha.

Anyway, regarding Ableton acquiring Cycling74 : I hope this will be for the best, I don't follow closely Ableton's activity but I have a feeling this might be a good thing for Max !

Good shout - Though oddly they've actually now announced a 25% sale till 13th June !

They saw this thread and decided to run another sale, obviously...WeAreTheMarkdownMakers

now that ableton are buying them out it will be interesting to see how that alters the price modelling. also it would be cool if they could integrate the sound engines of max and ableton in a way that ableton could be pulled apart like a max patch and become even more modular. so that future versions may use clip and arrangement views merely as templates for a more low-level patching environment. really exciting!

Yeah, I'm curious about if Max For Live will be included in the basic paid version of Live instead of just being a part of Suite. I'll still buy Suite (or its replacement) either way I'm sure, but opening M4L up to more entry level users could be a big plus (or perhaps a deluge of shit...) for the M4L community.

I really think they almost have to open Live up like that, or at least offer another 'mode' that allows for more gut-level manipulation of sound. You can sort of replicate higher level manipulation of intricate inner workings to varying extents, particularly with M4L devices of course, but I think having an entirely separate mode in companion with Session and Arrangement, something like Build perhaps, that goes in a more modular/Reaktor/M4L direction is almost a no-brainer. If it's not, maybe they need to hire me. Come on Ableton, make this shit happen.

Archived